2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

When I started school, we were taught by nuns. I can tell you, there was no messing with  these witches. No back chat, no laziness, they ruled with a fist of iron, and a meter stick, discipline was first and foremost with these.

Same thing in secondary school, the teachers ruled with a heavy hand, or what ever came to hand.

How times have changed. 

Atb j 

• Like 3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

trauma like that could make him doubt his own gender! ??

When I started school, we were taught by nuns. I can tell you, there was no messing with  these witches. No back chat, no laziness, they ruled with a fist of iron, and a meter stick, discipline was fi

Just took my 3 out of school for a holiday.... Had to ask permission ?gave it for 2 but refused my eldest who by the way has 100% attendance last 4 yrs.... ?Cheaper to pay the fine rather than pay the

Mine gets a letter sent home with home if he skins a knee. Can’t blame the school, they’ll simply be following protocol laid out by the council’s legal advisors.

Common sense has long since gone out the window, with everyone now terrified of getting hauled into court. If we’re ever to go back then we need rid of the ‘where there’s blame there’s a claim’ culture, and the parasites who profit from it. Problem is that blame culture is all a lot of the younger generation have ever known. Sad ☹️

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

For having a week to go on holiday mate?cheaper than booking and paying £1000 more in 6 weeks hols lol... 

That's crazy, we don't have that over here, you actually have to pay to take your child out of school. What happens if you refuse to pay.

Atb, j

54 minutes ago, jetro said:

When I started school, we were taught by nuns. I can tell you, there was no messing with  these witches. No back chat, no laziness, they ruled with a fist of iron, and a meter stick, discipline was first and foremost with these.

Same thing in secondary school, the teachers ruled with a heavy hand, or what ever came to hand.

How times have changed. 

Atb j 

Male teachers would give you a slap if you played up when I was at junior school in early 80's and the comp I went too lol.....I Left school at 14 Yr old... Ended up in yoi at 15...cheeky cnuts sent me all the course work for my g.c.s.e's....i sold them all when I got out 2 Yr later and got a apprenticeship ? both my lads will be coming too work with me when they have had enough of school..... Teach them to graft and earn.... Life skills.... f**k the classroom ?

6 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Doing any fishing Sean? 

Get out Sunday mate.... Rained solid the week I went away?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetro said:

That's crazy, we don't have that over here, you actually have to pay to take your child out of school. What happens if you refuse to pay.

Atb, j

Probably double it lol..... Let them have their buzz?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Male teachers would give you a slap if you played up when I was at junior school in early 80's and the comp I went too lol.....I Left school at 14 Yr old... Ended up in yoi at 15...cheeky cnuts sent me all the course work for my g.c.s.e's....i sold them all when I got out 2 Yr later and got a apprenticeship ? both my lads will be coming too work with me when they have had enough of school..... Teach them to graft and earn.... Life skills.... f**k the classroom ?

Get out Sunday mate.... Rained solid the week I went away?

Meant on ya hols? 

6 minutes ago, jetro said:

If you think paying 60 pound fines is bad, just look at what our school system has to put up with.

Bishop warns against use of yoga during class time

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/Xgj4wv

Sent via @updayIE

The mind boggles 

Atb j

? ........... kin el ............. ? world ....... gone ......... MAD

Just now, shaaark said:

? ........... kin el ............. ? world ....... gone ......... MAD

The scary thing is, he will convince  gullible people that this is true, and then the next thing he will have a following, 

Atb j

1 hour ago, jetro said:

The scary thing is, he will convince  gullible people that this is true, and then the next thing he will have a following, 

Atb j

Yep, and how many times has that happened over millennia, with these religious freaks? 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shaaark said:

Can hardly believe it. Our youngest lad who'll be 12 in december, just started in comprehensive school this sept. Just had a phone call from the school. In P E just now, doing circuit training, he's fallen over and grazed his knee! What the f**k do they want us to do about it, he's only grazed his knee?! :doh:

Belt and braces mate, you can thank the “no win no fee” generation for that.

My wife has just been refused an operation because the surgeon is sick of being sued ! 

49 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, and how many times has that happened over millennia, with these religious freaks? 

It's a cult, no other word for it. They have done more harm, than good to the gullible followers. 

Atb j