Wine drinkers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m no expert, but I always think you can’t go wrong with a decent Rioja or Tempranillo. When back in England I would normally get a Campo Viejo which is reasonably priced. I’ve tried limiting my

Lol yeah, he looks well impressed lol ?

Nah I will just Stop through the week ... to be fair I’ve lost 3.5lbs in 10 days ......

Posted Images

Look at the fun tasting personally I wouldn't pay more than 6quid but at the moment I am paying 24 quid for box of 6 from France someone I know drives out weekly can't really say I've had a bad one just drunk a bottle from Portugal 2£ today don't miss getting up every 1hr for piss ps saving hard for thermal scope my goal lol 

37 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Very true... this Priorat at 4.50€ is the best tasting wine I've ever had from a supermarket. I've spent over a hundred notes on bottles before and this is up there with them. 

My all time favourite are wines from the Chateau Neuf de Pap winery.. but you pay for them... a lot ;)

20191017_193426.jpg

Chateau neuf de pap in association with Nelson Mandela House

Mange tout Rodney Mange tout

35 minutes ago, shaaark said:

? you're probably more of a connoisseur than us, we've only really started the wine thing the last four and half years. But we've certainly sorted alot of the pricey, pretentious rubbish from the the more realistically priced, and better tasting stuff ?

Oh yeah, and all game dishes taste better with some red wine in ?

Keep your eye open for the Barcelona wine festival. Flights will be next to fuuck all and an AirBnb for the weekend will cost the same as a night out. It's well worth it, you can buy all the wines by the glass and have a right good old taste.. just don't wear white! I did one year and my mate decided to cover me in a very nice red ? Going home on the train, was a wee bit embarrassing to say the least ?

Edited to add;

This is a new one for next year https://www.foodswinesfromspain.com/spanishfoodwine/global/wine/news/new-detail/barcelona-wine-week.html

The one I'm on about is usually in September time. Still hot and always good clear weather ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Keep your eye open for the Barcelona wine festival. Flights will be next to fuuck all and an AirBnb for the weekend will cost the same as a night out. It's well worth it, you can buy all the wines by the glass and have a right good old taste.. just don't wear white! I did one year and my mate decided to cover me in a very nice red ? Going home on the train, was a wee bit embarrassing to say the least ?

Edited to add;

This is a new one for next year https://www.foodswinesfromspain.com/spanishfoodwine/global/wine/news/new-detail/barcelona-wine-week.html

The one I'm on about is usually in September time. Still hot and always good clear weather ;)

29 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I just had a look at flights. For two people flying from one of the London airports, it's about £100. 50 quid each, return is nothing. That is with Vueling. 

So ok for next year then?

19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

So ok for next year then?

However you like mate.. I like the one later in the year because it's outside, free and you can smoke a joint ?

The one I've posted is a new thing.. I'll probably check it out ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, socks said:

Cheers all I think I’m going to head into my local majestic tomorrow and have a marathon tasting session ???

Socks don’t forget Porto 6 it’s about £6 ish a bottle and very moreish once you’ve had your first shop in there they start sending you discount vouchers and invitations for testing nights I normally do about a oner and walk out with about 18 decent bottles. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, shaaark said:

I think your mates are quite correct. Me and the mrs drink red wine quite regularly, and I can say without doubt  same as alot of things in life, there's alot of snobbery around names and the actual price and quality of what you buy

You say that and thats as maybe at the lower end but i got invited to some snobby " wine day " at Corney & Barrow up in Ayr they take you down into the cellars running under the streets,show you all the historical shit,experts giving lectures etc etc....there was one of the top tasters in the country there and they were trying to trick him by putting even tiny amounts of cheap wine into a glass with pucker vintage wines and he picked them out every time....most people just dont have the palate for it i cant tell the difference between any of it but its like anything,an expert in the field has an understanding few others do,its what makes them experts.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Jus send it to me an I’ll start putting some buckfast in the shed for ye when ever you decide to have a party ?

I dont really drink as a rule.....anyway,beautiful part of the world that west coast of Scotland it was a 2 birds/1 stone scenario really ?