Wine drinkers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m no expert, but I always think you can’t go wrong with a decent Rioja or Tempranillo. When back in England I would normally get a Campo Viejo which is reasonably priced. I’ve tried limiting my

Lol yeah, he looks well impressed lol ?

Nah I will just Stop through the week ... to be fair I’ve lost 3.5lbs in 10 days ......

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

As a whole the stuffs fecking terrible.

A few mates who like the stuff swear there ain't any diff between a bottle that's  £12  and one that's £50 ?

I think your mates are quite correct. Me and the mrs drink red wine quite regularly, and I can say without doubt  same as alot of things in life, there's alot of snobbery around names and the actual price and quality of what you buy

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Shiraz...:toast:

That's what we drink phil, shiraz ?.

And to socks, we just find shiraz to be a tad sharper/crisper. Not that we're experts at all, but after a few merlots or malbecs we both feel that it's a tad sickly? ?

46 minutes ago, socks said:

Cheers all I think I’m going to head into my local majestic tomorrow and have a marathon tasting session ???

Good call, sample plenty to see what you prefer. Took us about a year of sampling to find what really suited us! Lol ?

Socks, just remembered this, TORO LOCO, from aldis, organic red wine, 13.5% and is very easy to drink. Forget all the snobbery and 'high price' bollox, it's a very drinkable wine at £4.99 a bottle?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Buckfast ken, try buckfast it will proper charge your batteries ?

Met a Scotsman other day drinking whiskey and irn bru ?

im down from 4+ ciders a night to about 4 a week if I’m lucky . 

Last week all I had was 2 bottles of tiger lager with a takeaway Chinese on Saturday evening .

Weight loss I’ve gone down from 13 stone to 10 3/4 ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I think your mates are quite correct. Me and the mrs drink red wine quite regularly, and I can say without doubt  same as alot of things in life, there's alot of snobbery around names and the actual price and quality of what you buy

Very true... this Priorat at 4.50€ is the best tasting wine I've ever had from a supermarket. I've spent over a hundred notes on bottles before and this is up there with them. 

My all time favourite are wines from the Chateau Neuf de Pap winery.. but you pay for them... a lot ;)

20191017_193426.jpg

7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Very true... this Priorat at 4.50€ is the best tasting wine I've ever had from a supermarket. I've spent over a hundred notes on bottles before and this is up there with them. 

My all time favourite are wines from the Chateau Neuf de Pap winery.. but you pay for them... a lot ;)

20191017_193426.jpg

? you're probably more of a connoisseur than us, we've only really started the wine thing the last four and half years. But we've certainly sorted alot of the pricey, pretentious rubbish from the the more realistically priced, and better tasting stuff ?

Oh yeah, and all game dishes taste better with some red wine in ?

Edited by shaaark