Wine drinkers.

So I’ve stopped drinking through the week as apparently 8 pints of cider a night with some gin chasers is not good for you. So I’ve decided as well as coming off the alcohol during the week I want to cut down on volume also ... I’ve re found a sort of liking for red wine but I’m only really liking Malbec at the moment .... any of you guys know a bit about red wine ??? What would be a similar taste to Malbec ??? .........

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m no expert, but I always think you can’t go wrong with a decent Rioja or Tempranillo. When back in England I would normally get a Campo Viejo which is reasonably priced. I’ve tried limiting my

Lol yeah, he looks well impressed lol ?

Nah I will just Stop through the week ... to be fair I’ve lost 3.5lbs in 10 days ......

Posted Images

I’m no expert, but I always think you can’t go wrong with a decent Rioja or Tempranillo. When back in England I would normally get a Campo Viejo which is reasonably priced.

I’ve tried limiting myself to wkend drinking, but it never lasts....... before I know it the wkend starts on a Thursday & ends on a Monday! So these days I set myself goals of long periods without drink. Normally first 3 months of the year etc. If I have a time or occasion like a holiday or something to work towards it seems to work for me, for example I have a mate coming out to see me at the end of the month so I’m in the middle of 5 weeks without drinking at the moment, then try & do a run up to Christmas. My aim is to be teatotal majority of the year. 

I still think a sensible social drink does more good than harm, but limiting it is the hard part.

Atb

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

In my mid twenties I gave up the booze to stop smoking for a year, went from 19 stone to 14 in 9 months was training hard, running mma etc but find smokes and booze keeps me level, obviously a screw loose somewhere lol. I'm 42 and 17 stone so need to make changes thinking of a career change but see how things go in the next year or so.

I’m 45 now mate so I’m taking diet & exercise etc very seriously these days. I’ve been eating well for years, but alcohol always seems to be a work in progress....

I invest a few quid in wine but my knowledge on it is very limited....but to replicate a taste your best bet is finding a wine from a similar region...Malbec i think is Argentinian so i would imagine most would be similar at the Asda end of the scale although i know the expensive Bordeaux wines for example can have massive difference even from similar regions depending on the weather/crop etc.....personally i cant tell the difference between a £10 bottle of Rioja and a £5000 bottle of Petrus ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never been a heavy drinker myself, but always enjoyed smoking the puff.... Knocked it on the head 2 weeks back after 26 yrs.... Amazed how I've really started to enjoy my food again, been eating stuff I wouldn't of entertained before.... Started running again and all ready feeling the benefits.... My goal is to get to 12/13 stone and stay there.... Instead of looking like a racing snake lol... Almost every f****r I know wants to lose the weight..... I've always wanted to put it on?

As for wine, I can't stand the stuff.... Oldman used to say its for the gays?