Any car mechanics?

I was putting oil in the motor today and noticed that ive had a mouse nibbling my engine...does anyone know what this part is and what its does ?  Everything is running ok no leaks or anything I've got a lot on at the moment so could do without a trip to the garage if its nothing to important   ...it's a Audi s3 

Thanks 

IMG-20191016-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20191016-WA0004.jpg

9 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Might be the egr valve, looks like a bit I'm having trouble with on my van lol

Cheers, D.

Are Egr valves  only diesel's? ...its petrol ,I've had a quick Google I don't think it's that . I'm the worst mechanic  lol

Just now, Chid said:

If it's running ok I wouldn't worry bout it and I'd just fill that hole with black silicone sealer if it was mine ?

I will do a temporary fix on it ,it doesn't look a  expensive part so I'll get it sorted next week...thanks for the input  :thumbs:

3 minutes ago, sid g said:

looks like its burnt ? 

Nah definitely mouse  you can see the teeth marks and debris I also found little  seed pods all chewed up...fecking things! Lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

What a bunch of fanny,s it clearly is a fluid tank , take the lid off and if a red fluid is inside I would suggest power steering res, if not just follow the pipe to what it’s attached to ??

It's a charcoal canister you fanny ?? should be no fluid in it ,

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, kanny said:

I will do a temporary fix on it ,it doesn't look a  expensive part so I'll get it sorted next week...thanks for the input  :thumbs:

You can buy that bit separate btw it's the breather pipe ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

What a bunch of fanny,s it clearly is a gender fluid tank , take the lid off and if a red gender fluid is inside I would suggest power steering res, if not just follow the pipe to what it’s attached to ??

Edited by low plains drifter
4 hours ago, Chid said:

It's a charcoal canister you fanny ?? should be no fluid in it ,

Have never owned a vehicle that required a charcoal canister wtf is that all about?? I actually thought it was a joke when someone said it earlier in the thread, if I owned a vehicle with that on I would need to no what it was and if it was needed or just another add on designed to f**k your Motor  up like dpf, filters and erg valves if it was it would be off and in the bin like the other two, one last question why does a solid like charcoal require two fluid carrying pipes coming off the reservoir ??? 

51 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have never owned a vehicle that required a charcoal canister wtf is that all about?? I actually thought it was a joke when someone said it earlier in the thread, if I owned a vehicle with that on I would need to no what it was and if it was needed or just another add on designed to f**k your Motor  up like dpf, filters and erg valves if it was it would be off and in the bin like the other two, one last question why does a solid like charcoal require two fluid carrying pipes coming off the reservoir ??? 

absorbs any fumes/pressure that build up in the fuel tank, bleeds it into the intake system when the engine is running, they have been used for years by pretty much every maker just that some put them well out of sight so you might think some cars don`t have one

• Like 1