United you stand divided you fall

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's lots of jealous people in all feild sports P.... Don't matter if your running dogs together, digging, fishing or shooting ?best to keep your circle tight and no new faces imo?

Divided it is then?

I knew someone that was working for the Countryside Alliance in the run up to the ban and even back then they were taking the line among themselves that anyone running a hare with a lurcher was some s

Posted Images

I knew someone that was working for the Countryside Alliance in the run up to the ban and even back then they were taking the line among themselves that anyone running a hare with a lurcher was some sort of gangland villan with an interest in thieving farm machinery. It's the same as the 'all lurchers are stock worriers' made up boll0cks believed by people that don't know or care what they are talking about. The people I met from that organisation were only concerned for the mounted packs, everyone else was brought in to make up numbers. The 'livelihood' half of the big protest in London didn't really even have anything to do with hunting, just drawn into it at the time.

• Like 4

They won't be happy till we have fuk all to do with running dogs some of us have spent biggest part of Ower life's learning breeding and training dogs to get were we want them to be today.most of us have done the marches in London filled in the putishons over and over now they think it's ok to through us under the bus I have never been a coursing man and now probably never will but it's not jest lads that like to run a hare the are going to go for it's all lurcher work they will stop us bunny bashers next .

• Like 1

Fact is your a disposable asset there to swell the ranks fill in the forms and join the marches .but at the end of the day lurcher work is viewed as a plebian sport associated with the masses working class pursuits like course and match angling were as you can fish a match on a multitude of venues usually canals with a bag of home made bread punch casters you turned yourself the week before and be in with a chance of winning. Not fishing for salmon on the tay etc for these lads .of the course the press don't help with far fetched stories of would be  gangsters betting thousands on the outcome of a course but that's the tabloids for you .to me personally I have always been a bunny man as to be honest I always kept small bushing type lurchers but I do fear for the future as of being able to go out ferreting or bushing as I believe this could be banned in response to illegal hare coursing under the guise of eliminating it.

Now I’m gonna line myself up to get shot down here but some (not all) lurcher lads don’t help them selfs, driving land knackering newly sown seeds and smashing through crops, busting fences and spooking livestock, go door knocking anywhere around North Yorkshire.landowners hate all dog lads now. I won’t call any dog men for how they get there sport but every action has a reaction. 

it’s bang out of order what the CA has done tho and I have is very much a own goal and played into the hands of the police associating hare coursing with poaching, what is suggest is everyone sends the countryside alliance an email and  pin Tim Bonner in it telling them what a sh#t storm they have started.

16 minutes ago, Rat face said:

Now I’m gonna line myself up to get shot down here but some (not all) lurcher lads don’t help them selfs, driving land knackering newly sown seeds and smashing through crops, busting fences and spooking livestock, go door knocking anywhere around North Yorkshire.landowners hate all dog lads now. I won’t call any dog men for how they get there sport but every action has a reaction. 

it’s bang out of order what the CA has done tho and I have is very much a own goal and played into the hands of the police associating hare coursing with poaching, what is suggest is everyone sends the countryside alliance an email and  pin Tim Bonner in it telling them what a sh#t storm they have started.

Then on the other hand have a walk one man one dog on the land first light you end up copping for someone elses actions so why cause ya self hassle of trying to do it respectfully as possible when u can be on and off in a motor ?  Easy for folk who potter same bit of land twice a month to point fingers at lurcher folk trying to find work for there dogs and push them abit but its not all cut and dry. If keepers and police didnt overeact thered be more people just having a quick walk fact.

Edited by C.green

The attitude of a minority shouldn't have such an impact but I fear the lurcher hunting fraternity as an whole would be allowed to become the sacrificial lamb to enhance the interests of may I say more influential groups within the hunting fraternity to further there standing . A modern day version of the nazis .night of the long knives 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, C.green said:

Then on the other hand have a walk one man one dog on the land first light you end up copping for someone elses actions so why cause ya self hassle of trying to do it respectfully as possible when u can be on and off in a motor ?  Easy for folk who potter same bit of land twice a month to point fingers at lurcher folk trying to find work for there dogs and push them abit but its not all cut and dry. If keepers and police didnt overeact thered be more people just having a quick walk fact.

As I said mate each to there own, but can’t you half understand why land owners would get the pissed off? end of the day it’s there living that’s getting wrecked, not saying all the lads that drive the land do damage but a lot do.

f**k the country side alliance an f**k any other country side organisation that don’t help support the working lurcher or longdogs and f**k them horse an hound c**ts no support what so ever from me! Same goes to the rifle c**ts an angling wankers they can all do one if they need support 

• Like 1