Hello. Does anyone know much about smoking out rabbits? I have'nt got ferrets. Will probably get some one day but for now the landlord does'nt allow. Tried lighting a little fire in a rabbit hole and covering it but nothing came running out the exit. If anyone knows much about smoking out rabbits I'd be interested. Thanks.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Skinny Whip said:

Hello. Does anyone know much about smoking out rabbits? I have'nt got ferrets. Will probably get some one day but for now the landlord does'nt allow. Tried lighting a little fire in a rabbit hole and covering it but nothing came running out the exit. If anyone knows much about smoking out rabbits I'd be interested. Thanks.

Tried it several times, as keen novice, a callow, naive , youngster.

It seemed a good idea at a time when we learned things for ourselves rather than from  some dodgy  internet hunting forum.

It doesn't work. ??

• Haha 3

You need a cyber-ferret. All the benefits of an ordinary ferret except that you don't have to worry about it exceeding the bolting weight, killing in or it shitting in the hutch. Just remember to keep the batteries charged and the landlord won't know anything about it ?

forget smoking out and put a brick with a carrot on outside the hole. After it's eaten the carrot 2 days running cover the carrot with pepper. rabbit will sneeze and knock itself out on the brick..... simples. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Stop taking the piss out of the kid. 

Yes , if you want to take the Micky out of anyone I'm more deserving of it

As I said; at the time I was only a lad and to be honest it really didn't seem too unreasonable  to think rabbits could be flushed with a bit of smoke. 

Of course I realised that I needed something in which to catch any bolting bunnies with burning bums.

Ignorance being the mother of invention  I covered the holes with a couple of Mum's shopping baskets and some plastic carrier bags.

You may mock......

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, comanche said:

Yes , if you want to take the Micky out of anyone I'm more deserving of it

As I said; at the time I was only a lad and to be honest it really didn't seem too unreasonable  to think rabbits could be flushed with a bit of smoke. 

Of course I realised that I needed something in which to catch any bolting bunnies with burning bums.

Ignorance being the mother of invention  I covered the holes with a couple of Mum's shopping baskets and some plastic carrier bags.

You may mock......

I don't think we should mock anyone. My youth was full of mad ideas like that. We tried burning sulphar in rabbit holes and tried getting pheasants drunk and catching trout in a badminton net. I wouldn't change those experiences and adventures for anything. How sad that young lads can now just go on line and have these ideas knocked out of them 

• Like 6