walking boots

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have had most makes of soft walking boots berghause, merril, high tech, north face etc and the best ones by far were called scarpa I think, got them from go outdoors, I tend to kill a pair most winter

It was the wet type sold by our local departement d'eau.  If you want some I'll send it. It will just cost you postage.

In all fairness thats not such a terrible idea 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

I use hiax desert boots. £45 from ebay brand new. Size 13. 

So far so good once you bed them in. Big blisters until you do. 

Good support and comfy. 

@dogmad riley do they not let water in bud? 

) iv a pair an there like mesh at sides. 

24 minutes ago, Francie said:

@dogmad riley do they not let water in bud? 

) iv a pair an there like mesh at sides. 

Francie I waterproof all my boots with liquid paraffin, even the fabric 1's.....only ever get wet feet from sweat?

I was putting petrol in the other day and felt something wet on my leg !....something had f****d up in the petrol tank and it was spitting fuel back out and covered one of my brand new boots i now have 1 brown and 1 black !.....its dried out and not changed colour any ideas how to get them back to normal ? i love these boots its really depressed me ?

Try a small spot of meths on them mate see if that lifts it.

If not, a drop of bleach.

Then just wax them back to the same colour.......it works on wood for oil, don’t know about leather but worth a try maybe.

On 15/10/2019 at 08:23, king said:

wont go wrong with these jigsaw.feel great the first time they are worn.offer him £35..and get a tub of renapur..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Altberg-Defender-Combat-Boot-Brown-Leather-Size-10-M/392480222292?hash=item5b61a4ec54:g:YyUAAOSwrcRdpJof

outdoor air dry them though.ive got an outdoor shelter by the back door it's like a wind tunnel.i hang them up on a hook when they are wet.the slow drying seem's to help with cracking..

i say that because some lads put them infront of the fire etc..

About 1 pair a season I go through.

20191015_082651.jpg.3ed5915ead21a8d201c48ed7bbf4a6f3.jpg

I have some of these. Bnwt £50 on eBay.. I like them a lot but only had them about 6 week so dont know how they will last yet.

1 hour ago, smithie said:

I have some of these. Bnwt £50 on eBay.. I like them a lot but only had them about 6 week so dont know how they will last yet.

Get a tub of this smithie and give them a good coating every few weeks.

And put them in the sun after applying.they seem to soak up the renapur better in the sun.

And give the back of the ankle area  a good coating aswell as they will split there if the leather drys out to much.

Screenshot_20191023-195049.jpg.6916bf71664151642f63d0ff33af27ad.jpg

And another thing that helps when  walking miles in them. adjust the laces like this as it takes a lot of the stiffness out of the front were They bend.

Sounds daft but it works for me.

20191023_194923.jpg.b4605e34bdc3376cae93f4b594216231.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, WILF said:

Try a small spot of meths on them mate see if that lifts it.

If not, a drop of bleach.

Then just wax them back to the same colour.......it works on wood for oil, don’t know about leather but worth a try maybe.

Will give it a go mate cheers :thumbs: