walking boots

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have had most makes of soft walking boots berghause, merril, high tech, north face etc and the best ones by far were called scarpa I think, got them from go outdoors, I tend to kill a pair most winter

It was the wet type sold by our local departement d'eau.  If you want some I'll send it. It will just cost you postage.

In all fairness thats not such a terrible idea 

Posted Images

On 14/10/2019 at 19:09, jigsaw said:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15895161/merrell-men-s-moab-2-mid-gore-tex-boots-15895161

any folk on here recommend a boot similar to this type ,water resistant/proof as possible and not toooo expensive...i have Meindl boots so leather is not what im looking for this time...much appreciated if you could

got to say im not interested in Berghaus or Karrimor

I just bought a pair of merrel moabs and i'm not impressed ,they come up small so get a size bigger if you do go for them.i replaced a pair of salomons with them and there not comfy compared to them and the solomons lasted 2 years and I wore them every day, and the merrel moabs are leathal on wet rock they really are slippy

Edited by greg64
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, MH1 said:

Lowa Renegade 

https://www.lowaboots.com/mens/hiking/renegade-gtx-mid-navy-honey

im more after the canvas type material,i have meindl allready, so not leather ,its for walking hill paths and rough stoney ground,i wont be hitting fields or streams as such with them 

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Brasher are another good make if ye prefer the softer type boots compared to lowas an alt berg and stuff mate, it’s what I buy me kids an they never moan about sore or cold feet, always swore by scarpa an brasher boots?

https://www.blacks.co.uk/footwear/250768-brasher-women-s-country-trekker-walking-boots.html

your on the right road katchum,thanks 

8 hours ago, Greyman said:

Have had most makes of soft walking boots berghause, merril, high tech, north face etc and the best ones by far were called scarpa I think, got them from go outdoors, I tend to kill a pair most winters but they lasted me nearly 3 years, as a quick aside, how the f**k can anyone make a pair of walking boots last 10 years especially hi techs unless you walk on your hands ??? 

I was just about to suggest scarpa, 2 of the anglers I rate highest wear them and do ALOT of rough ground, up and down cliffs and across all terrain

7 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I was just about to suggest scarpa, 2 of the anglers I rate highest wear them and do ALOT of rough ground, up and down cliffs and across all terrain

thats the kind of ground id be wanting them for ,just rough housing it at times ..

After advice on here I bought some Brashers , they are by far the most comfortable Boots I have ever owned  and I have owned a lot , the are most noticeable when walking down Hill and there are a lot of them Effers around here .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, micky said:

After advice on here I bought some Brashers , they are by far the most comfortable Boots I have ever owned  and I have owned a lot , the are most noticeable when walking down Hill and there are a lot of them Effers around here .

Which type did you buy micky