The trap was set

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was asked to take care of a chicken botherer, so not having the time to sit and wait for it I thought I’d put the camera out and bait up, it didn’t take long, in fact an hour after putting the camer

Good grief I'm not surprised they were legging it ?  

It's not wonder round it's wander, damn it man there's standards to be kept in this section! ?

Posted Images

I have been using these cameras for a good few years now and i have found that they save me a lot of needless waiting.

They are prone to dampness if used extensively in wet weather but i use a cover for mine made from old milk jugs. If you put them where the public have access to it may be prudent to paint them or cover them with some of that cammo tape of ebay.

001.JPG

• Like 3

I run a fleet of these for the estate and have done for a few years. I started out with good quality ones on the theory of buy cheap buy twice but found they don't last much longer than the cheap ones. Now i buy cheap. I get about a year out of them outside 24/7 then damp kills. The cards also pack up quite regularly. I get some very interesting footage on them though

Well I had a look out again last night and the bait was still there and the only thing on the camera was buzzards and crows pecking at it, so it may of just been a one off chancer, I’ve left the camera there and will check again after the weekend, if nothing shows I’ll take it as job done, after checking the camera I went to some other fields I shoot rabbits on, I was shocked at how many there was as this place gets battered, so after spreading a couple around the field with the .243 ( for fox bait ) I think a wonder round with the rimfires is in order for next week

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Set mine up this morning along a hedgerow with a fox run. See what's about. 

Something will turn up it always does, might not be what you are expecting to see but that’s all part of the fun checking them ?

10 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Something will turn up it always does, might not be what you are expecting to see but that’s all part of the fun checking them ?

Just so long as its not a ewe 'cos it'll be an escapee!!