Flinch lock 2, micro lurcher 1!

Had a great evening sneaking up on rabbits with my .63" flintlock. I got two rabbits for four shots. I used 80grn of Krank's black and about 32g of #6&#5 mixed shot. I tuned the lock years ago and it still surprises me how quick it is!

IMG_20191013_183652544.jpg.875cc341990a73d0da3cb4660d28ddb6.jpg

On the way back I let the hound loose as night loomed.

She half heartedly chased one of those large rabbit things which i don't think is a bad thing as it keeps them alert and you never know when (and they do here) poachers might turn up!

As I watched the huge moon rise the micro lurcher runs into a few oaks and comes out coursing a rabbit! This is rare for her but she was all over it right in front of me. She whined in frustration as it kept turning but I could see she was getting closer with every turn!

On the last turn the rabbit bolted in a straight line and from nowhere this little lazy mard arsed dog put a spurt on for once and over run the rabbit!

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with her and then she does something.....although rare....that makes me grin!

Little cow.....

IMG_20191013_185943356.jpg.64bede5bb7c7469e04cbee616daccf2a.jpg

SD.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2