Justify this

5 minutes ago, fireman said:

So hares only stick to the open fields and only run where there ment to run?,no hares run out in the open and when the going gets hard they head to cover to loose the chaser.Usually on a shoot it's a maize cover crop and a dog searching for a lost hare in one of those will empty it out and the partridges out on the fields will be put up and off by a dog running a hare across them.A mans job,house and family being fed is on the line mate and as unfare as it sounds poachers and folk with running dogs are a pain in the arse on a shoot..

I see what your saying mate and yes I spose they would put a few birds up 

It ain't the same as nicking a mans tools tho imho I dont care what anyone says ?

Edited by Black neck
Spelling

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate w

How can you justify or condemn anything without knowing the facts? General comments... Well keepered land will give booming game populations and the single most important factor in hare populatio

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As

Posted Images

On 15/10/2019 at 11:24, jackthelad said:

so would i.......bunch a grown men growling at each other over a ten bob ribbon

That ten bob ribbon can mean the difference between receiving your fifteen minutes of fame or being just another ragamuffin with an illicit pouch of drum and a cup half empty

• Like 1
Just now, Black neck said:

I see what your saying and yes I spose they would put a few birds up 

It ain't the same as nicking a mans tools tho imho I dont care what anyone says ?

Tool and birds,both things to use to make a living with,ruin,nick or move either one and it's useless to the workman..Just saying and i just see both sides of the fence as iv'e been both sides..:victory:..

To be honest there is nothing I like more than sneaking in to  a wood to take acouple of pheasants , been caught a couple times and can honestly say hand on heart I never got mouthy or tried to go back and ruin there pens damage feeders etc etc for simple reason is I was in wrong and they were doing what any man would , 

easy Enough for people saying it’s only a cople hares and f**k the keepers etc etc , if it was them who,s lively hood , mortgages,on the line they’d be doing the same as the keepers to get them off the land , if I’d put all my time heart and soak in to a shoot to better mine and my families lives through a better lively hood and someone was wrecking my pens and driving my land  wrecking shoots and damaging everything in there path I’d sure as hell be trying plough them over soon they got out there motors . 

• Like 2
Just now, fireman said:

Tool and birds,both things to use to make a living with,ruin,nick or move either one and it's useless to the workman..Just saying and i just see both sides of the fence as iv'e been both sides..:victory:..

Fair point so have I tho I never been into hares well I tell mesen I'm not into them cos me useless dogs cant get near them ?

Well we had a difference of opinion without resorting to insults this will never do on this site so I shall start 

I dont like your hair 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

To be honest there is nothing I like more than sneaking in to  a wood to take acouple of pheasants , been caught a couple times and can honestly say hand on heart I never got mouthy or tried to go back and ruin there pens damage feeders etc etc for simple reason is I was in wrong and they were doing what any man would , 

easy Enough for people saying it’s only a cople hares and f**k the keepers etc etc , if it was them who,s lively hood , mortgages,on the line they’d be doing the same as the keepers to get them off the land , if I’d put all my time heart and soak in to a shoot to better mine and my families lives through a better lively hood and someone was wrecking my pens and driving my land  wrecking shoots and damaging everything in there path I’d sure as hell be trying plough them over soon they got out there motors . 

a mate of mine skidded into a coursing man one day raceing to catch em, broke  the chaps leg and he was charged at first with attempted murder, got off in the end though.

1 minute ago, two crows said:

a mate of mine skidded into a coursing man one day raceing to catch em, broke  the chaps leg and he was charged at first with attempted murder, got off in the end though.

In my defence I’d say he jumped in front of my motor to scare me ?

I used to put 10,000 pluss partridges a year down and run 22 days shooting and often I would feed after the day, before going for a drink, and most birds were back in the strips, you could often see them flying back while picker ups were working, before I was on there I had permission to course it and was on at first light one Saturday and later on saw them having a shoot lol never matered and I never told the boss he is dead now god rest him.

23 minutes ago, two crows said:

I used to put 10,000 pluss partridges a year down and run 22 days shooting and often I would feed after the day, before going for a drink, and most birds were back in the strips, you could often see them flying back while picker ups were working, before I was on there I had permission to course it and was on at first light one Saturday and later on saw them having a shoot lol never matered and I never told the boss he is dead now god rest him.

I couldn't see it making much odd s we used to dog in pheasants from places we dint want them before a shoot day and be the time we got the guns on there pegs the birds had fecked off back there, they know where they want 2 be 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I couldn't see it making much odd s we used to dog in pheasants from places we dint want them before a shoot day and be the time we got the guns on there pegs the birds had fecked off back there, they know where they want 2 be 

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

when you look what disturbance there is on a drive compared to a dog, even during a drive a fox can come out and the drive is still stuffed full.

4 hours ago, two crows said:

lol we were working on a site at warington doing house footings and we had a long weekend on Tuesday morning our spotboards were gone, a new gang on the houses nicked em, when I went and got em back my mates thought I was mad, but I got em  back, lol.

you would be surprised what nicked off a site you cant turn u=your back for minute ? lol