Justify this

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate w

How can you justify or condemn anything without knowing the facts? General comments... Well keepered land will give booming game populations and the single most important factor in hare populatio

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Your a brave man asking 3 car loads of lads to leave a field nicely in the middle of a feild at night even if ya can back yerself up 3 car loads ?

never said at night jack, but daytime,  done that more than once some traveling lads one day spoke to the lads on the road and they phoned the lads on the field told them I asked nicely and they walked off and left, no bother, I was never bothered about any one, talk proper and with respect and a proper chap will give you respect, I don't call no one I just want em gone hares is mine. I have been both sides on this one so don't blame no one after a run.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, two crows said:

never said at night jack, but daytime,  done that more than once some traveling lads one day spoke to the lads on the road and they phoned the lads on the field told them I asked nicely and they walked off and left, no bother, I was never bothered about any one, talk proper and with respect and a proper chap will give you respect, I don't call no one I just want em gone hares is mine. I have been both sides on this one so don't blame no one after a run.

Proper chap will give you respect, granted I see that and I try my best to do the old treat others as you want to be treated but that’s asking for trouble in my humble opinion. 10 + vs just you...fair play to you, you’ve bigger balls than I do and I am not embarrassed to admit it ?

12 hours ago, C.green said:

And the reason land is sometimes driven and damaged caused is because when one man and a dog is having a walk div farmers and keepers come over mob handed giving it large ones but when get a little bit of stick back quickly get the phone out and only get brave again when plod are on the scene. Instead of using abit of sense and telling someone to leave some get abit exited older keepers are the worst for it ive found. Met some that when shown abit of respect showed it back perhaps if more was abit similar wouldnt have so much of this damaged caused ?

if you walked onto a building site and started nicking tools you would get mob handed giving it large,if you gave it back you'd get a slap at least if not more that bit would be up to you.What i just wrote you and everyone else would agree on and think it fare,so why is it different when you go onto a shoot where you have no right to be and nick the hares,not to sell and make some cash as you maybe would the tools but just for fun or should i call it sport?.Respect is earnt and you going onto a shoot and running hares ain't respecting the keeper or shoot owner to start with so why should you demand it?.It's the law and the fines,dog ban,motor crushed bit that has caused folk to smash and bash at running hares as a quick unload,run and back in motor and gone miles away is so much safer than walking and being open to every dog walker with a phone,choppers and drones.I live in south norfolk and see the lads out and about in cheapo 4x4's and a few dogs in the back and iv'e seen what they do in them from driving onto fields to ploughing through a narrow lane and smashing every wing mirror off old folks cars in their haste to feck off quick...Respect folks like that?,my arse....

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, fireman said:

if you walked onto a building site and started nicking tools you would get mob handed giving it large,if you gave it back you'd get a slap at least if not more that bit would be up to you.What i just wrote you and everyone else would agree on and think it fare,so why is it different when you go onto a shoot where you have no right to be and nick the hares,not to sell and make some cash as you maybe would the tools but just for fun or should i call it sport?.Respect is earnt and you going onto a shoot and running hares ain't respecting the keeper or shoot owner to start with so why should you demand it?.It's the law and the fines,dog ban,motor crushed bit that has caused folk to smash and bash at running hares as a quick unload,run and back in motor and gone miles away is so much safer than walking and being open to every dog walker with a phone,choppers and drones.I live in south norfolk and see the lads out and about in cheapo 4x4's and a few dogs in the back and iv'e seen what they do in them from driving onto fields to ploughing through a narrow lane and smashing every wing mirror off old folks cars in their haste to feck off quick...Respect folks like that?,my arse....

I get  the driving but you honestly compare someone walking about for a run or 2 same as going on a site and nicking folks kit

13 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I get  the driving but you honestly compare someone walking about for a run or 2 same as going on a site and nicking folks kit

I know a few self employed keepers who pay out of their own pockets tens of thousands of pounds if not into the hundred thousand pounds or more to stock a shoot for paying customers,if someone has gone on at first light on their own with one dog all cool like your saying is cool and runs a few hares and even takes one for the pot,all is cool and the lovely image of the old poacher is in tact.Then the drives of the shoot start to happen and feck all partridges fly over the guns,onto the next drive as it ain't uncommon for the birds one day not to be there,same again and again and the paying guns ain't fecking happy.Try somewhere else and no birds again,so its the best part of ten grand for the days guns to be given back.The beaters still want paying as they did their, bit as do the pickers up and there you go ten grand lost because someone ran the drives with a lurcher and folk wonder why they get fcuked off with coursers as this has happened and that's why the hares are shot on some of my digging permission, I'd do the fecking same if i was in his shoes as would you or anyone else reading this loose ten grand to let a stranger ruin your hard earn't living like a tool thief would???...

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, fireman said:

I know a few self employed keepers who pay out of their own pockets tens of thousands of pounds if not into the hundred thousand pounds or more to stock a shoot for paying customers,if someone has gone on at first light on their own with one dog all cool like your saying is cool and runs a few hares and even takes one for the pot,all is cool and the lovely image of the old poacher is in tact.Then the drives of the shoot start to happen and feck all partridges fly over the guns,onto the next drive as it ain't uncommon for the birds one day not to be there,same again and again and the paying guns ain't fecking happy.Try somewhere else and no birds again,so its the best part of ten grand for the days guns to be given back.The beaters still want paying as they did their, bit as do the pickers up and there you go ten grand lost because someone ran the drives with a lurcher and folk wonder why they get fcuked off with coursers as this has happened and that's why the hares are shot on some of my digging permission, I'd do the fecking same if i was in his shoes as would you or anyone else reading this loose ten grand to let a stranger ruin your hard earn't living like a tool thief would???...

I honestly cant see how a couple of blokes having a few runs are going to do the job of umpteen beaters and there spaniel s they got no business in the game covers for a start now if they were taking birds different matter

15 minutes ago, Black neck said:

lol we were working on a site at warington doing house footings and we had a long weekend on Tuesday morning our spotboards were gone, a new gang on the houses nicked em, when I went and got em back my mates thought I was mad, but I got em  back, lol.

1 minute ago, two crows said:

to be fair when I was on the partridges they were flying back as we were moveing to the next drive and I used to feed straight after the shoot most days and the partridges were back and that's after a full blown 250 bird day so a dog wont clear the strip for long.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, two crows said:

lol we were working on a site at warington doing house footings and we had a long weekend on Tuesday morning our spotboards were gone, a new gang on the houses nicked em, when I went and got em back my mates thought I was mad, but I got em  back, lol.

I pity the fool that goes after your pheasants then ?

14 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I honestly cant see how a couple of blokes having a few runs are going to do the job of umpteen beaters and there spaniel s they got no business in the game covers for a start now if they were taking birds different matter

So hares only stick to the open fields and only run where there ment to run?,no hares run out in the open and when the going gets hard they head to cover to loose the chaser.Usually on a shoot it's a maize cover crop and a dog searching for a lost hare in one of those will empty it out and the partridges out on the fields will be put up and off by a dog running a hare across them.A mans job,house and family being fed is on the line mate and as unfare as it sounds poachers and folk with running dogs are a pain in the arse on a shoot..