Justify this

1 minute ago, darbo said:

Yes Anatasia Noble had the Arkinglass deerhounds. She put greyhound back into them. After 4 gens i believe rightly or wrongly they could be reg as deerhounds again.?

I knew id heard it somewhere mate but the head like the bones been around a while now ?lol I bet platty would know eh ? lol

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate w

How can you justify or condemn anything without knowing the facts? General comments... Well keepered land will give booming game populations and the single most important factor in hare populatio

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, darbo said:

Yes Anatasia Noble had the Arkinglass deerhounds. She put greyhound back into them. After 4 gens i believe rightly or wrongly they could be reg as deerhounds again.?

a lad used to go with us had a first cross bred to put back in to a deerhound line, the bitch he had was awesome to  look at and watch on a hare, for about 30 seconds it looked like it could catch every one with ease, then it would turn round and run back as fast as it ran out, it did catch the odd unlucky one but it never got fired up.

On 13/10/2019 at 10:45, Moocher71 said:

I see photos of end bag of hare shoot on fens last yr ,279 hares in one morning .

the lad doing the wright up said it was like being at Waterloo ,

ok for guns to shoot what they want but running a few with a jook is going to get ya took if ya get caught and loose motor and dog and go jail for running a hare or two yet these fools kill them all .

the ban as dealt the hare a bad hand ,more are killed now than ever befor by guns .

they as always been poachers and always will be ,it's just how you do it ,going on land with 4x4 and jooks leaping out back and causing damige ain't poaching to me ,it's criminal .gates Brocken ,equipment stolen and crops driven over ,no wonder farmers don't like it ,

poaching is when no one knows you been there apart from you and catch is safely tucked away .

most the land I work I'm poaching but I go on my own and take only what I need and its just me and my jowell said !!!

I see photos of end bag of hare shoot on fens last yr ,279 hares in one morning .

ok for guns to shoot what they want but running a few with a jook is going to get ya took if ya get caught and loose motor and dog and go jail for running a hare or two yet these fools kill them all .

the ban as dealt the hare a bad hand ,more are killed now than ever befor by guns .

they as always been poachers and always will be ,it's just how you do it ,going on land with 4x4 and jooks leaping out back and causing damige ain't poaching to me ,it's criminal .gates Brocken ,equipment stolen and crops driven over ,no wonder farmers don't like it ,

poaching is when no one knows you been there apart from you and catch is safely tucked away .

most the land I work I'm poaching but I go on my own and take only what I need and its just me and my jook .

Well said !

On 14/10/2019 at 23:23, darbo said:

Rightly.... They were shite, she had the best of the best, there was no other option... ?

On 13/10/2019 at 08:23, fireman said:

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As fpr chucking them in a hedge there worth from a fiver to eight quid so they sure don't get dumped by my keepers..

And the reason land is sometimes driven and damaged caused is because when one man and a dog is having a walk div farmers and keepers come over mob handed giving it large ones but when get a little bit of stick back quickly get the phone out and only get brave again when plod are on the scene. Instead of using abit of sense and telling someone to leave some get abit exited older keepers are the worst for it ive found. Met some that when shown abit of respect showed it back perhaps if more was abit similar wouldnt have so much of this damaged caused ?

• Like 3
5 hours ago, C.green said:

And the reason land is sometimes driven and damaged caused is because when one man and a dog is having a walk div farmers and keepers come over mob handed giving it large ones but when get a little bit of stick back quickly get the phone out and only get brave again when plod are on the scene. Instead of using abit of sense and telling someone to leave some get abit exited older keepers are the worst for it ive found. Met some that when shown abit of respect showed it back perhaps if more was abit similar wouldnt have so much of this damaged caused ?

the law has coursed the driving problem to me, but don't make it right, I used to keeper a very popular spot, and used to go on my own, if lads was on, sometimes to 2/3 car loads, tell them nicely to leave and never had a cross word, or  anything, but I could back myself up if needed, and still could I think, lol.

On 13/10/2019 at 09:17, fireman said:

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate where vermin control is carried out as it removes predators.A hare drive will bring in a good days money and that in turns pays for keepers,traps etc so it makes the estate work.It does sicken me to see hundreds of hares laid out just for sport but then so does  seeing hundreds of game birds laid out and them being worth feck all as the money was in the shot taken.There are things in other field sports that we find distasteful but we all kill for sport(some justify it by calling it pest control) so not one of us has grounds for rightousness when it comes to killing things really.

Fair point

• Like 1

most the land I work I'm poaching but I go on my own and take only what I need and its just me and my jook .

Yep they can't outrun a bullet, that's for sure

• Like 1
2 hours ago, two crows said:

the law has coursed the driving problem to me, but don't make it right, I used to keeper a very popular spot, and used to go on my own, if lads was on, sometimes to 2/3 car loads, tell them nicely to leave and never had a cross word, or  anything, but I could back myself up if needed, and still could I think, lol.

Against 3 car loads you must be 1 cold honky 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, two crows said:

Your a brave man asking 3 car loads of lads to leave a field nicely in the middle of a feild at night even if ya can back yerself up 3 car loads ?