Justify this

I heard a rumour that they don't dump the bodies. They use their carcasses as bait for poison to knock the local golden eagle and her chicks off their nests when she carries it back.???.  On a more serious note without been a critic it should be better for both sides if they were just as easily netted as shot and it's a win win situation. Somebody short on hares ( wildlife sanctuary etc) can purchase them to restock and the shoot would be paid 10 times the price more for a live one than a dead one. There probably is a legal Issue with that, but the official bodies in animal rescue etc seem to be able to release wild animals when it suits their own agenda.

• Like 2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate w

How can you justify or condemn anything without knowing the facts? General comments... Well keepered land will give booming game populations and the single most important factor in hare populatio

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

How can you justify or condemn anything without knowing the facts?

General comments... Well keepered land will give booming game populations and the single most important factor in hare populations has been proven to be keepering, not how they are killed. Also, there is several hundred quids worth of game laying there, I doubt it was wasted.

Rifling hares may be disgusting to coursing men, just like dogging deer may be disgusting to a stalker. I think a bit of humility would go a long way. Better yet, invest in a chunk of land and keeper it to the benefit of the wildlife and harvest them however you want.

I find that photo distasteful but it's hardly anything to get emotional over.

That's the voice of reason. 

12 hours ago, sid g said:

along with rabbits and fox the shoots round us have just about wiped em out .... 

Same most keeperd places there good at keeping Charlie down but problem is everything else that moves gets the bullet as well n with there roof mounted lamps n thermals hares n rabbits don't stand a chance but there not bothered as long as there birds do well, we should all stick together at the end of the day but they'll always believe there above us and there's not many now that respect wildlife but then there's a lot of dog lads that don't either which is a shame..

On 13/10/2019 at 09:01, forest of dean redneck said:

Wanton slaughter they are  hare’s not pheasants.

I’m sure the pheasant wouldn’t feel that way , lol 

on more serious note tho everyone has there chosen sport and there will always be someone against it,as we as hunters seem to think are way is right and if it’s some thing we don’t like then it’s wrong but the person on the other end thinks there right and we’re wrong ... but with an attitude like that who needs antis causing trouble when we have each other 

ps that’s not aimed at you Forest just saying ,

and as for the pic in question I don’t think that can be justified seen tho he’s admitted to pretty much lamping 123 hares at night which looks like nothing more than just for a pic 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

you only have to visit a game fair and see where they put the lurchers and terriers ? as far away from the rest as possible [fact}

as one who is both sides  of the fence  since I got a ten bob note and a bottle brown ale I must say lurchers were my first love and they will be my last ? get on .

On 13/10/2019 at 21:26, Crackers said:

The boys should go do all pens to show them you f**k with our sport we’ll f**k about with yours... ?? Only fair ??

Are you for real ? Your gob has just done more damage than a dozen rifles.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

scone palace biggest in Scotland hasn’t had terriers or lurchers for ten years 90% of lads i new have quit 

only ever been there once in me life only for a day for a delivery and a collection in Glasgow ? had 6 hours 2 spare what difference Glasgow from loch Lomond ? lol

2 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

My two mates one was the head terrrier man at a well nown hunt for 20years disbanded my other mate was a stalker at the rest and be thankful disbanded  arkinglass estate ? I’ve seen a bit ?

arkinglass is that aname put to certain strain of deerhound ? defo heard that before somewhere ?

16 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

arkinglass is that aname put to certain strain of deerhound ? defo heard that before somewhere ?

Yes Anatasia Noble had the Arkinglass deerhounds. She put greyhound back into them. After 4 gens i believe rightly or wrongly they could be reg as deerhounds again.?

Edited by darbo
  • Like 2