Justify this

18 minutes ago, fireman said:

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate where vermin control is carried out as it removes predators.A hare drive will bring in a good days money and that in turns pays for keepers,traps etc so it makes the estate work.It does sicken me to see hundreds of hares laid out just for sport but then so does  seeing hundreds of game birds laid out and them being worth feck all as the money was in the shot taken.There are things in other field sports that we find distasteful but we all kill for sport(some justify it by calling it pest control) so not one of us has grounds for rightousness when it comes to killing things really.

Excellent reply mate, let's see someone pick the bones out of that.

• Like 2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate w

How can you justify or condemn anything without knowing the facts? General comments... Well keepered land will give booming game populations and the single most important factor in hare populatio

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, fireman said:

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate where vermin control is carried out as it removes predators.A hare drive will bring in a good days money and that in turns pays for keepers,traps etc so it makes the estate work.It does sicken me to see hundreds of hares laid out just for sport but then so does  seeing hundreds of game birds laid out and them being worth feck all as the money was in the shot taken.There are things in other field sports that we find distasteful but we all kill for sport(some justify it by calling it pest control) so not one of us has grounds for rightousness when it comes to killing things really.

It said a good night so I'm assuming they was lamped and rifled or the ole thurmal scope no money in that

there used to have big hare shoots in our area where they once thrived ? hence they are now scarce because of morons like the knob in the photo.its also not unusal to come across a field of the rotting carcasses of rabbits where they have been rifled at night and just left where there shot ?great ammo for the antis I must say ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

there used to have big hare shoots in our area where they once thrived ? hence they are now scarce because of morons like the knob in the photo.its also not unusal to come across a field of the rotting carcasses of rabbits where they have been rifled at night and just left where there shot ?great ammo for the antis I must say ?

When the ground is to soft to drive on and you've lots of land to cover then leaving them sometimes isn't a option mate,who knows,but if they used to have regular hare shoots where good numbers were shot you have to ask whats happened to make them scarce as they didn't used to be did they so something other than shooting them has happened?.Maybe it's because these days a lot of keepers are just bird feeders who don't seem to have time to trap properly any more even though they have time saving gadgets to use???.

30 minutes ago, Black neck said:

It said a good night so I'm assuming they was lamped and rifled or the ole thurmal scope no money in that

I can get £4.50 for a hare at the moment and in time that will go up to £8 for fresh or frozen ones,125 x £8 = a good family holiday,a few months rent or what ever a family needs..Just saying and not justifying that it goes on :thumbs:..

6 minutes ago, fireman said:

I can get £4.50 for a hare at the moment and in time that will go up to £8 for fresh or frozen ones,125 x £8 = a good family holiday,a few months rent or what ever a family needs..Just saying and not justifying that it goes on :thumbs:..

It sure does and always has 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fireman said:

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As fpr chucking them in a hedge there worth from a fiver to eight quid so they sure don't get dumped by my keepers..

That still don't make it right fireman ,and I know of twenty eight long ears shot then dumped on a drive my mate got sickened finished with job .it happens maybey not every shoot but some it does that fella looks to be a basic full wander and sees that has a great achievement I see it like this shot trapped it don't make no difference it's the respect one gives the animal when dead use the carcass either fa edible human or the jukels or Eva animal needs flesh ta feed.i see it like this I never been a man that his overly fond of the shooting scene ,don't condone it but I hunt with a jukel that mastered can be to much fa morons that seem to be crewing in ta the hunting world more so these days.once again what a wanker he seems ta have found a gold one .atb bill

• Like 1

I see photos of end bag of hare shoot on fens last yr ,279 hares in one morning .

the lad doing the wright up said it was like being at Waterloo ,

ok for guns to shoot what they want but running a few with a jook is going to get ya took if ya get caught and loose motor and dog and go jail for running a hare or two yet these fools kill them all .

the ban as dealt the hare a bad hand ,more are killed now than ever befor by guns .

they as always been poachers and always will be ,it's just how you do it ,going on land with 4x4 and jooks leaping out back and causing damige ain't poaching to me ,it's criminal .gates Brocken ,equipment stolen and crops driven over ,no wonder farmers don't like it ,

poaching is when no one knows you been there apart from you and catch is safely tucked away .

most the land I work I'm poaching but I go on my own and take only what I need and its just me and my jook .

• Like 6

It's what it his mouthing with a jukel ta most his from a bygone age but there's still the odd ones left very few and far between ,no fancy country clothes they don't catch feck all no fancy motors knitted out costing thousands it's fecking gone we now see the countryside side fa what it his full off pompous up there own ause hypicrits ,the man that sleuths about are frowned up on unless been in there manor fa decades on decades which by then are known ta all who need ta know I am afraid I believe I am right that the sleuth type single moucher and jukel are like rocking horse shit on virtuall extinction .atb bill

2 minutes ago, billhardy said:

That still don't make it right fireman ,and I know of twenty eight long ears shot then dumped on a drive my mate got sickened finished with job .it happens maybey not every shoot but some it does that fella looks to be a basic full wander and sees that has a great achievement I see it like this shot trapped it don't make no difference it's the respect one gives the animal when dead use the carcass either fa edible human or the jukels or Eva animal needs flesh ta feed.i see it like this I never been a man that his overly fond of the shooting scene ,don't condone it but I hunt with a jukel that mastered can be to much fa morons that seem to be crewing in ta the hunting world more so these days.once again what a wanker he seems ta have found a gold one .atb bill

Local farm to me had plenty hares on it until farmers daughters new boy friend decided to shoot them all and leave them to rot along with the partridge ,kaneys he shoots !!

just don't get folk like that,no true country man would leave game to rot ,plenty around who b glad good meal inside them !!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

It's what it his mouthing with a jukel ta most his from a bygone age but there's still the odd ones left very few and far between ,no fancy country clothes they don't catch feck all no fancy motors knitted out costing thousands it's fecking gone we now see the countryside side fa what it his full off pompous up there own ause hypicrits ,the man that sleuths about are frowned up on unless been in there manor fa decades on decades which by then are known ta all who need ta know I am afraid I believe I am right that the sleuth type single moucher and jukel are like rocking horse shit on virtuall extinction .atb bill

I'm a sleuth moocher 

4 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Still a few left bill ,I been around moochers,poachers since the day I was born .

but your right the hobby hunters have ruined the lurcher game ,