DSC_0101.JPG.3ab15ead656001b3d9b4849cc8917665.JPG found this today at an antique show. Obviously a trap of some discription so got it for my little collection. After a bit of digging its a Sara patent rabbit trap from around 1905. Still working but abit weak. Any trap collectors on here shed any more light on it? 

I am told that they were never much good  and having a close look at them you can see why ! too complicated and not enough power would be generated by the spring also they are quite hard to come by and the price may come as a shock , the trap market is a bit depressed right now but it will climb back in the future and you have a Jewel in your hands

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sparky the hunter
      Hi Guys
      I have been contacted by the parish council as rabbits are causing a lot of damage in the small park next to the village school. The rabbits are travelling in from a neighboring disused garden but the owner does not want any measures taken against them even though she lectured me for ten minutes about the damage they are causing in her garden! So shooting and ferreting are out of the question so cage traps are the best option.  Have you guys got any recommendations for suppliers and any hints would be appreciated. Pegandgun on this forum seems to be a user of cage traps?
    • By hedge wanderer
      After reading through a few other discussion regarding the fenn mk6 being the only commercially available rabbit trap, in which to set in holes, and with many regarding it as being far less humane and simply not for the job as the jubys and imbras were, I thought a discussion on what would make a more effective, yet lightweight design, possibly taking features from all the traps mentioned above would make an appropriate and possibly, interesting topic.
      anyone with suggestions on what they believe makes the fenn not so ideal for the job and how it could be improved (possibly the ideal design for a mk2 'rabbit') and what makes the imbras and jubys absolutely powerhouses of rabbit killing machinery, please feel for free to put your opinions forward and get the ball rolling
    • By collieman
      Just found 7 imbra rabbit traps in shed not sure if they are mrk 1 or 2 all got a slight covering of rust but all work any idea how much they would be worth. Got a picture of them but to big to upload.