Fawn rabbit.

54 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Wouldn't be that bad if I got chance to sit on sofa, been out few early mornings but not seen a dicky bird, I'm not going mad at the moment anyway it's been 14/15° most nights still but that one he did have I slipped him thinking he had zero chance of getting it but was last field of the night and he was flying ran it up and down the hedge a few times then turned it back out in the open and got it on a straight line was by far his best run to date. We've had loads of rain now last week or so and starting to get cooler at night so hopefully be getting out some more now. Glad to hear she's doing well for you mate after last season injurys hope you have a belter of a season ??

Know the feeling about the sofa fella I don’t get chance to just chill out my self only time I stop doing something is when I go to bed to asleep. Won’t be long till them cold nights draw in. He’s learning by the sound of it mate he’s learning that once they hit the hedge it’s a probable game over so safest bet is put loads of pressure on them to get them to turn in the open ????I love memorable good runs far better than easy catches. That’s it mate now the nights are getting better get him behind as much as you can he should get better An better the more experience he has did he retrieve his catch? I’m hoping it’s a injury free season seems to be all good I think it’s deserved after the last 3.5yrs of bad luck I’ve had with running dogs touch wood an all that! I’m hoping to get down to business properly soon. Have a good season mush keep us updated on how he’s coming along what’s app me any progress if you like how he’s getting on ??

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple hour walk last night, missed three as moon kept shining through. Dog did well. 

had a ginger recently first I have seen. 

Wouldn't be that bad if I got chance to sit on sofa, been out few early mornings but not seen a dicky bird, I'm not going mad at the moment anyway it's been 14/15° most nights still but that one he di

Posted Images

1 hour ago, king said:

Fair play to him pre baiting for you poxon lol.

There was a woman in the village the cat woman.she had loads of cats in the house.

She woukd walk down to the local shop in a see through pink mac.naked underneath.

And if you called her cat woman.

She would hiss and snarl at you lol.

There's mad feckers out there poxon lol.

It was lovely mate I didn’t have my own dogs at the time I used to get out with a family member An his dogs regularly it was a lovely site to see them crossing a big field while we looked on an viewed them while holding dogs bred for fox work shame about the hunting ban though I’m sure if a ban wasn’t in place them dogs would of been slipped ???Tell me about it fella crazy as bat shit people out there but long as there happy I suppose whatever floats there boat ??

2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Look at them weeds blacky ??  ahead of me still though I've only got a grand total of 1 bunny so far ? been moonlight loads then when the weather turns bad dark and cloudy I'm busy. Hoping to get out for a few hours tomorrow night though 

I'm having some crap ole luck ty the dog has now nicked a tendon on the opposite foot ffs I'll be out wi the old bitch again tomorrow nite 

See how we get on we may muster a rizla between us ?

8 minutes ago, poxon said:

It was lovely mate I didn’t have my own dogs at the time I used to get out with a family member An his dogs regularly it was a lovely site to see them crossing a big field while we looked on an viewed them while holding dogs bred for fox work shame about the hunting ban though I’m sure if a ban wasn’t in place them dogs would of been slipped ???Tell me about it fella crazy as bat shit people out there but long as there happy I suppose whatever floats there boat ??

Heart pounding sitting in that hedge ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I'm having some crap ole luck ty the dog has now nicked a tendon on the opposite foot ffs I'll be out wi the old bitch again tomorrow nite 

Do you think the dog done the injury on them weeds lol

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Bloody hell mate having a time of it lately, what you need my good sir is abit of beddy bloody in them kennels be right with that 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Know the feeling about the sofa fella I don’t get chance to just chill out my self only time I stop doing something is when I go to bed to asleep. Won’t be long till them cold nights draw in. He’s learning by the sound of it mate he’s learning that once they hit the hedge it’s a probable game over so safest bet is put loads of pressure on them to get them to turn in the open ????I love memorable good runs far better than easy catches. That’s it mate now the nights are getting better get him behind as much as you can he should get better An better the more experience he has did he retrieve his catch? I’m hoping it’s a injury free season seems to be all good I think it’s deserved after the last 3.5yrs of bad luck I’ve had with running dogs touch wood an all that! I’m hoping to get down to business properly soon. Have a good season mush keep us updated on how he’s coming along what’s app me any progress if you like how he’s getting on ??

Yeah he's getting alot better now don't get many easy runs round where I am he's got to run smart and turn on a dime to get half a chance of a catch. He brings stuff back half way then comes to me, then I send him back out picks up again, then half way again and so on ? funny sod but I'm convinced one of these days he'll bring it all the way back. He's not much of a cruncher either which is nice as with the bull x I had there was only mush left if I got it back at all!! This one is a pleasure to work with and have around grate in the house and dose plenty to keep me happy 

• Like 1

my thought is that most unusual colour in rabbits  are natural as are odd coloured wild birds, and not all down to escaped pets, a mutation can be bred on in captivity, that would not happen in the wild, however rabbits live in close inbred groups so where you find an odd one, chances are high it will show up again.  just my thought.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, two crows said:

my thought is that most unusual colour in rabbits  are natural as are odd coloured wild birds, and not all down to escaped pets, a mutation can be bred on in captivity, that would not happen in the wild, however rabbits live in close inbred groups so where you find an odd one, chances are high it will show up again.  just my thought.

Yep because you get the same colours crop up all over, way out or near towns, even over the water on other islands. The numbers go up, the coloured ones go up because there's more doubling up of genes. Got a few with white striped faces and necks here at work at the minute

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Yep because you get the same colours crop up all over, way out or near towns, even over the water on other islands. The numbers go up, the coloured ones go up because there's more doubling up of genes. Got a few with white striped faces and necks here at work at the minute

we use to have some with white stares on their for heads behind the house, and I have caught several different colours way out on the moors.

• 2 weeks later...