Fawn rabbit.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple hour walk last night, missed three as moon kept shining through. Dog did well. 

had a ginger recently first I have seen. 

Wouldn't be that bad if I got chance to sit on sofa, been out few early mornings but not seen a dicky bird, I'm not going mad at the moment anyway it's been 14/15° most nights still but that one he di

Posted Images

Had a few fawn rabbits down our way over the years quite a few Black uns as well a village not to far from me i was driving to go fetch a mate early one morning i was going past a old water works I see what I could only describe as wild looking Dutch rabbits couldn’t believe my eye I’m guessing there were the results of a escape domestic rabbit x 

Was out ferreting with a mate about 15yrs ago.

He was digging to his jill.

Is your ferret in here aswell he said.

Albino hob..no he's in the box.i said.

He's in here he said..

No he is in the box...i said lol.

Then he pulled an albino baby rabbit out the hole..

Never caught 1 since..

had a few gingery fawn looking ones over the years, also had a bluey looking one once, there were  1 or 2  fawn looking ones knocking around up one of my farms last summer but they seemed to disappear for what ever reason......there was a place just down the road from me that many, many years ago held a lot of dutch looking ones as poxon has mentioned, they ranged from black and white, brown and white and the typical wild rabbit colour and white, they must of been the results of one or two that had escaped or been released, but over the years they have faded out and don't tend to see them now as the the rabbit numbers in the area have declined...….

all the best

jay  ?

An eccentric guy in the next village down used to release rabbits he bred to breed with the wild rabbits the lads said there's all different colours there.

He told few lads that the river authority use to use scuba gear in his pond at night to steal his carp..

A bit of a weird guy..

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, king said:

An eccentric guy in the next village down used to release rabbits he bred to breed with the wild rabbits the lads said there's all different colours there.

He told few lads that the river authority use to use scuba gear in his pond at night to steal his carp..

A bit of a weird guy..

they say every village has one. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, king said:

A bit of a weird guy..

Used to have a strange guy we’re I used to live buy loads of frozen chicken to feed the foxes he’d pretty much bait the hedge lines up on the corner of a little spiny.....soon as dusk came foxes would be crossing all over the fields they were big old fields to get to this spiny it was always active round that spiny  we court on to what was going on by fluke but was handy to know the reason why they were so interested to get to the spiny.the land management definitely twigged on because we kept finding shot foxes left at the feeding spots 

4 hours ago, Black neck said:

Same first 1 I seen like it

20190929_094508.jpg

Look at them weeds blacky ??  ahead of me still though I've only got a grand total of 1 bunny so far ? been moonlight loads then when the weather turns bad dark and cloudy I'm busy. Hoping to get out for a few hours tomorrow night though 

18 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Look at them weeds blacky ??  ahead of me still though I've only got a grand total of 1 bunny so far ? been moonlight loads then when the weather turns bad dark and cloudy I'm busy. Hoping to get out for a few hours tomorrow night though 

Never the right conditions to get out big man if your not out you won’t see opportunity sat on the sofa??Your dogs sister is starting to prove handy she’s coming on lovely she’s had a few rabbits now I’ve just moved on to counting toes on numbers she’s taken she also ticked something else on the list off the other day that impressed me 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, poxon said:

Never the right conditions to get out big man if your not out you won’t see opportunity sat on the sofa??Your dogs sister is starting to prove handy she’s coming on lovely she’s had a few rabbits now I’ve just moved on to counting toes on numbers she’s taken she also ticked something else on the list off the other day that impressed me 

Wouldn't be that bad if I got chance to sit on sofa, been out few early mornings but not seen a dicky bird, I'm not going mad at the moment anyway it's been 14/15° most nights still but that one he did have I slipped him thinking he had zero chance of getting it but was last field of the night and he was flying ran it up and down the hedge a few times then turned it back out in the open and got it on a straight line was by far his best run to date. We've had loads of rain now last week or so and starting to get cooler at night so hopefully be getting out some more now. Glad to hear she's doing well for you mate after last season injurys hope you have a belter of a season ??

• Like 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Used to have a strange guy we’re I used to live buy loads of frozen chicken to feed the foxes he’d pretty much bait the hedge lines up on the corner of a little spiny.....soon as dusk came foxes would be crossing all over the fields they were big old fields to get to this spiny it was always active round that spiny  we court on to what was going on by fluke but was handy to know the reason why they were so interested to get to the spiny.the land management definitely twigged on because we kept finding shot foxes left at the feeding spots 

Fair play to him pre baiting for you poxon lol.

There was a woman in the village the cat woman.she had loads of cats in the house.

She woukd walk down to the local shop in a see through pink mac.naked underneath.

And if you called her cat woman.

She would hiss and snarl at you lol.

There's mad feckers out there poxon lol.

• Like 1