Fury hanging up his gloves?

2 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

It's always £20 plus, if you watch the undercard and the main fight is a good one and not a first round ko I think it's value for money.I went to the Whyte v Rivas at the O2 and that was £150 for a ticket and £8 a pint add that to travel and hotel you're looking at around £500.It depends how you look at it, 5 hours entertainment for the price of a few packets of fags....?20190720_205631.jpg.917c540b5ddc6c084861c395d4f53c7a.jpg

i didnt know fight ticket's cost that much.iv'e never been to a live boxing match.or football game.or rugby game.

if my memory is right i think the nigel benn fight's back in the day were either £9:99 or £12:99.

and £8 a pint.crazy price..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fury..the best wrestler since hulk hogan..fact..

Whether its because he wont fight proper opponents or his safety first fighting style Fury is not selling tickets,simple.....so i would imagine Arum wants something for his money. However for a m

What a f****n embarrassment have some self respect....Yanks grow up with that cringeworthy bollocks thats their problem but its not our thing. You can tell what a load of made up acting nonsense

Posted Images

You Tubers Logan Paul v KSI fighting next month, BJS on the undercard FFS. Over 100 million hits on the fights web site.

On PPV, more people will see BJS fight on this card than all his previous fights put together.

Money, money, money that's why Fury's getting on the wrestling bandwagon. Promotors coining it in.

Cheers, D.

2 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

£8 a pint. Safe to say I would be staying sober at them prices 

But when you're there you just pay, all part of the night ?.

I get what you're saying, but it's the same with any planned event, concert, fight, whatever. We know we're being ripped off regarding 'refreshment' prices

16 minutes ago, dytkos said:

You Tubers Logan Paul v KSI fighting next month, BJS on the undercard FFS. Over 100 million hits on the fights web site.

On PPV, more people will see BJS fight on this card than all his previous fights put together.

Money, money, money that's why Fury's getting on the wrestling bandwagon. Promotors coining it in.

Cheers, D.

Whether its because he wont fight proper opponents or his safety first fighting style Fury is not selling tickets,simple.....so i would imagine Arum wants something for his money.

However for a man who constantly went on about " cash cows " and pretended to have strong principals to now turn round and demean himself like this...just shows the man for what he is.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6
17 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

He's not ripping of boxing fans tho is he .

Hes trying too convince a totally different audience to come over to Boxing in a country where boxing is at a all time low.

The same re the 2 internet fighters.

In today's didgital world they producing better numbers than boxing shows in America .

Which they trying to tap into by putting  BJS on the bill.

Again common sense in a Country where the game is on its arse.

They not ripping of Boxing fans just using other vehicles to try entice more fans over to Boxing.

Simples really .

He,s doing it for the greater good of boxing you mean.......oh well my hero then.

13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

However for a man who constantly went on about " cash cows " and pretended to have strong principals to now turn round and demean himself like this...just shows the man for what he is.

Said it before that all that was simply borne out of jealousy of AJ/Matchroom. Hearn took a great prospect and maximised his market potential, and made millions for him and the boxer.., whilst a ‘prime’ Fury was fighting for peanuts on the likes of Boxnation. Difference between what AJ did and Fury’s deal is that Hearn took AJ through the levels with the goal of unifying the division. Fury’s/Arum’s objective now seems to be milking it whilst it lasts. I don’t mind the WWE stuff and the nonsense that comes with Fury as long as he’s going to make the big fights. He could’ve had the Wilder rematch, or AJ at Wembley and turned both down. At 31, and with the physique Fury has, I believe he has to take these fights now or we’ll not get the match ups we need to see to prove who’s the best.

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

And here lies the problem' promoters putting pound notes before genuine match ups that boxing fans want to see.

They a bit like football agents and as we seem re Sala they care for no one .

Not their player or boxer and def not the fans.

Only pound notes.

Where do you think those pound notes come from ?...........yes the fans.

9 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

So does Fooling the mug punters into believing Charles Martin v Joshua is a genuine world title fight ok ?

Like I say they should get there heads together and put on a Heavyweight super 6 and give the fans something meaningful to watch and then we will all see who is the best Heavyweight in the world as we speak ?

Your going to compare a legitimate heavyweight title fight between a good fighter and a bad fighter......to a school drama play.

Oh the irony ????

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

The difference being it's not boxing and everyone knows that.

Its pantomime to try drag the masses of American Wrestling fans over to Boxing that has been struggling for numbers for years .

it's nothing to do with dragging wrestling fans to boxing max..it's all about £££$$$

4 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Stop Lying ?

it's simple really max..fury has been offered a few million probably to throw a leotard on and run around the ring bouncing off the ropes and a bit of foot stamping..

it's all about the money..

fury is being used as a cash cow..it's plain to see max..

7 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

The difference being it's not boxing and everyone knows that.

Its pantomime to try drag the masses of American Wrestling fans over to Boxing that has been struggling for numbers for years .

I took my little lad to the WWE wrestling last year and let me tell you, it’s for little kids, spastics and nerds!

99.9% of the compus mentus adults in there are never, ever going to watch boxing.....ever ! 

I think you are way off the mark if you think it’s an attempt to promote boxing mate, totally unsuitable audiences.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I took my little lad to the WWE wrestling last year and let me tell you, it’s for little kids, spastics and nerds!

99.9% of the compus mentus adults in there are never, ever going to watch boxing.....ever ! 

I think you are way off the mark if you think it’s an attempt to promote boxing mate, totally unsuitable audiences.

but max is adamant that AJ was being used as a cash cow.he said is numerous time's

and now fury is just that.

a cash cow..