Petlog (scam ??)

The wife had an email last Thursday from petlog.

Someone has registered a dog in her name/address. 

Sounds like some kind of scam I think maybe someone registering a stolen dog.

We never used petlog or the kennel club..

Anyone else heard of this being done....

• 2 weeks later...

15 hours ago, Tyla said:

If you have a dog with micro chip I think you will have uses petlog. Have you rung them to ask what it's about?

they wont give details of the last owner of the dog.and are very reluctant to give any detail's.

infact they are useless.

40 minutes ago, king said:

they wont give details of the last owner of the dog.and are very reluctant to give any detail's.

infact they are useless.

They can't give any details under DPA. The dentist couldn't even tell my wife that time my appointment was.

Doesn't seem like a scam. Why would a dog thief register a microchip at all? Just make sure they know your mrs isn't the new owner and let them take it from there. 

40 minutes ago, walshie said:

They can't give any details under DPA. The dentist couldn't even tell my wife that time my appointment was.

Doesn't seem like a scam. Why would a dog thief register a microchip at all? Just make sure they know your mrs isn't the new owner and let them take it from there. 

yea they know now walshie and the kc club know aswell.it is a strange thing to have a dog registered in someone else's name..it was a french bulldog bitch..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, walshie said:

Shame I can't like your posts, bloody mods, but a ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, king said:

yea they know now walshie and the kc club know aswell.it is a strange thing to have a dog registered in someone else's name..it was a french bulldog bitch..

Should’ve told them its been nicked & claimed the £1500+ quid that you paid for it ??. Atb

• Haha 1