It's Kicking Off!

Mole Patrol has been quiet for the last couple of months. I did a few visits last week to check traps in the few gardens that had problems before I was taken ill and all had been dealt with while I had been off sick. There were some sorry specimens in the traps.

Went out yesterday to check on a third of my regulars, one of the three regular routes I do,  and all but two had new mole activity. It is a still a little bit too early for the last broods to be turfed out by their Mums so I reckon the new activity will be down to the recent rainfall after three months of drought. Once the youngsters hit the gardens towards the end of the month it will be back to full steam ahead again.

It has been a funny year. Normally it goes quiet from June to December with just a few new jobs coming in at the end of October, but I've only had two months without any real activity. We've got  crocus and cyclamen blooming, heather that usually blooms  in July is still in full blossom, and our honeysuckle bush has thrown up some new flowers.

I've just tied up another thirty Putanges and tidied the van out ready for work. Tally-Ho!

• Like 1