Any Ww2 finds?

While out ferreting yesterday in an area close to an old air base i was digging and came across what i thought was an an exploded bomb. After careful poking about and digging round it i found out it was a vintage grease gun. I told my mate and he said he has ploughed out an old bomb in the area. Has anyone found anything from ww2?

• Like 1

I found an unexploded hand grenade at work a good while ago, the old colonel who owned the estate let the army train on the estate so that's where it came from. An old lady who worked here said the last time one was found was 30 year before and the village bobby took it off in the basket of his bike rattling and bouncing around to the main station in town.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, tomburras said:

While out ferreting yesterday in an area close to an old air base i was digging and came across what i thought was an an exploded bomb. After careful poking about and digging round it i found out it was a vintage grease gun. I told my mate and he said he has ploughed out an old bomb in the area. Has anyone found anything from ww2?

Couple of years ago I went to feed a couple of pigs I had and saw they had rooted up a foot long round.  I stuck it on top of the pig house and went to call the cops.  I am not far from catterick garrison and the cops and bomb disposal turned up, they xrayed it and it was a tracer round form some sort of anti aircraft gun......I still have it......will stick a pic up

• Like 3

A few years ago i worked with a real character engineer in his 50,s they had a bring something interesting to school day.  In the 70,s he found a bomb in his grandmas loft. It turned out it fell through the roof and landed in the loft and didn't blow up. The roof was repaired and he found it years afterwards. He took it to school with pride. He described it as a grenade with a handle.  The teacher knew what it was straight away and the whole school was evacuated. He told his mates it the gathering in the playing  fields seeking safety field thats my bomb! Naive kid obviously! Makes you cringe.