Shooting estates

40 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

same here one day comes to mind i got a right hiding from keepers 14 year old i was katchums cousin was only one to get away cnt stood up to his chest in a burn under a bridge while i got the sshit kicked out me in the back of a landy haha

that's pretty fecking shamefull  grown men beating a 14 year old child.......

I think they would have to pay for doing that.....

• Like 3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had quite a few convictions in the past. never any chance of permission on local estates, quite violent at times nothing to be proud of. Old fart now enjoying mooching about with little dog and couple

When we get a break, from the trapping and rabbiting, I like to have a walkout on the pheasant, and partridge shoots. You meet all sorts of interesting folk, and if you act respectfully,... the i

He’s fully gundog trained,he used to be broke to deer and could stop him on anything but lamping a lot etc kinda changed that. the pic was taken after the picking up team had worked the island bu

Posted Images

Just now, TOMO said:

Couldn’t get away with that now a days, you beat a 14 year old kid for a bit of poaching you would end up inside on some kind of register. 

14 minutes ago, TOMO said:

3 grown men an the estate owner...coppers turned up an i got another slap from them just how it was back then i supose

• Like 1

i got caught digging a fox on that railway embankment the coppers never beleived i had a terrier in the ground that a was theiving shoulda saw his coopon when the terrier popped out covered in jam from its snack they took the cufs of me n told me to f**k off

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Couldn’t get away with that now a days, you beat a 14 year old kid for a bit of poaching you would end up inside on some kind of register. 

These days the way it is more likely to get stabbed by the 14 year old then anything else 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Only beating I’d ever do for keeper would entail a big Fcukin stick ?

our keeper is okay, still a keeper tho, An if the shoot was any bigger I reckon I’d have problems. But my boss has told the shoot i come first, i earn the farm a lot more per year than there poxy few grand they pay. I do stay away on shoot days out a common courtesy An would never touch there birds unless told to, but he can ram his gun up his pompous arse an pull the triggers if he ever thinks I’d go out me way to help em, they have shown true colours more than enough times☹️

Good working relationship then

The head keeper took me out as a favour once lamping after some beating and know he owns 2 lurchers and is my main lamping partner.

my lurcher works the beating line all season,he’s a handy dog but it wasn’t easy to get my way in at first 

DF248727-85D3-4846-9CB3-A73A817A9B13.jpeg

• Like 6
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:25, Westy76 said:

The head keeper took me out as a favour once lamping after some beating and know he owns 2 lurchers and is my main lamping partner.

my lurcher works the beating line all season,he’s a handy dog but it wasn’t easy to get my way in at first 

cracking photo ,its great when you see a lurcher doing  a spaniel or labs job ? I always say a lurcher can do there job but they cant do a lurchers ? keep flying the flag mate

• Like 1
On 18/10/2019 at 11:25, Westy76 said:

Cracking photo bud 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

cracking photo ,its great when you see a lurcher doing  a spaniel or labs job ? I always say a lurcher can do there job but they cant do a lurchers ? keep flying the flag mate

He’s fully gundog trained,he used to be broke to deer and could stop him on anything but lamping a lot etc kinda changed that.

the pic was taken after the picking up team had worked the island but he stuck his nose up and went into the water,the guy with the spaniels said it was clear but frank doesn’t mismark and came back with a hen bird to the guys disgust.

not all lurchers can be trained this way as I found with my new pup but the ones that can are worth there weight and certainly change some misconceptions 

• Like 6