Shooting estates

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 18:48, Balaur said:

Go beating on a Saturday, get yourself known, some keepers will suffer a lurcher owner ....?

and even work your dog in the beating as all a beating dog has to have are good stop and go buttons ? iv beat and picked with mine for years , and its great seeing a steady  lurcher bettering the all the gear no idea spaniel kickers ? lol

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had quite a few convictions in the past. never any chance of permission on local estates, quite violent at times nothing to be proud of. Old fart now enjoying mooching about with little dog and couple

When we get a break, from the trapping and rabbiting, I like to have a walkout on the pheasant, and partridge shoots. You meet all sorts of interesting folk, and if you act respectfully,... the i

He’s fully gundog trained,he used to be broke to deer and could stop him on anything but lamping a lot etc kinda changed that. the pic was taken after the picking up team had worked the island bu

Posted Images

had quite a few convictions in the past. never any chance of permission on local estates, quite violent at times nothing to be proud of. Old fart now enjoying mooching about with little dog and couple of ferrets. certainly didn't win in the end, would I do it all again.... you bet I fxxxxxg would. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, fred90 said:

had quite a few convictions in the past. never any chance of permission on local estates, quite violent at times nothing to be proud of. Old fart now enjoying mooching about with little dog and couple of ferrets. certainly didn't win in the end, would I do it all again.... you bet I fxxxxxg would. 

Same as ,

31 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I know what you mean fred im just of shortly to a estate that had a shoot today and beat a good few woods hopefully the keepers joined in on the after shoot drinks and what got flushed is still out and about 

11 hours ago, fred90 said:

11 hours ago, fred90 said:

ha ha I didn't learn the trade from the right side of the fence either ,and I still think the grass is greener on the dark side ? lol my lurchers learnt to pick up what was knocked of the perch on a windy night ? and remember some of the best gamekeepers were once poachers and still are ? lol

• Like 1
On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 09:17, Phil Lloyd said:

?I don't think I would waste five seasons on a shoot, if there was no, ''give and take ' on the Keeper or landowners part...

Unless the estate has sold the stalking, then the deer are often fair game, and down here, a lot of shoots, cull the hares, to hopefully deter trespassers...?

No, its got to be a favour, for a favour, or I ain't bashing no bushes...?

exactly most of my per  mission   comes through keepers and farmers that neighbour the shoot, its deffo favour for favour ? and its also keeps the dogs alert , anyway don't think I know one lurcher owner that has always been on the right side of the fence ? lol

• Haha 1

Know a few keepers n go on a few different shoots regular get a bit of leeway but most piss in the same pot when it comes down to it odd one ok but not many to be trusted.

Edited by dodger
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, dodger said:

Know a few keepers n go on a few different shoots regular get a bit of leeway but most piss in the same pot when it comes down to it odd one ok but not many to be trusted.

I get a lot of perks out of the beating game but it will always be them and us at the end of the day ?

On 04/10/2019 at 20:59, Phil Lloyd said:

When we get a break, from the trapping and rabbiting, I like to have a walkout on the pheasant, and partridge shoots.

You meet all sorts of interesting folk, and if you act respectfully,... the invites to have a run, ....soon come in..?

Refreshing attitude. Many modern keepers are as keen on lurchers as they are shooting and wont deny themselves the full richness of British fieldsports because of prejudices from centuries gone. There's a lot to be gain for an open minded dogman with a similar view.

Too much sport to be had in the UK and abroad to be handicapped by prejudice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/10/2019 at 23:06, fred90 said:

same here one day comes to mind i got a right hiding from keepers 14 year old i was katchums cousin was only one to get away cnt stood up to his chest in a burn under a bridge while i got the sshit kicked out me in the back of a landy haha

• Haha 1

haha mate i was back down the road last night i was in the hospital a few days there you pull a watergun out in that scheme right now n it would bring the aru haha the c**ts are worse now than we ever were

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Diff times mate, remember shooting birds oot the windows an that way air rifles ? fcuk me you’d have armed response out now ??

was it you that shot me in the ankle ya cnt? haha

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Diff times mate, remember shooting birds oot the windows an that way air rifles ? fcuk me you’d have armed response out now ??

I once shot 10 rabbits out of car windows with a garden gun, do it today they would think it was Hungerford 

• Haha 1