E collar

On 24/12/2019 at 10:26, Lloyd90 said:

Yes and in Scotland... England proposed a ban, did a consultation and something like 70% of people said not to ban them they’re very good when used properly. 

Still unclear if they’re pending ban or not. 

The trouble with this consultation lark is they consult with people who are all ready biased against them. Some silly bat on facebook was bragging how defra came to her to look into them and she was obviously dead against them so what as the point of that. Ignorant cow who wouldn't listen. I should given her my hound dog and see how she got with him with her good boy have a biscuit. At least back in the day .

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Used mine properly on the weekend just gone out rough shooting, only had to use it couple times, dog had a funny look like he had clicked "You can get to me no matter where I am" and then started doing what he knew he was supposed to. 

By the end he was flushing birds, sitting to flush and not moving on the shot (at first he tried to run in on the shot). He then picked some birds (when told he was allowed) and retrieved them back to hand lovely. 

He flushed 5 of these birds and picked 4. Shot between 3 guns, and he saw several flushed nearby and missed and carried on hunting in the opposite way when told. 

E4-E449-C0-33-BC-4367-9-F5-C-8-B62-B671-

Exactly and that dog will go through a much more pleasurable life because of it getting more opportunities because he does as his told

• Like 4

The term shock collar probably is the reason why so  many people are against using them without actually having seen or used one themselves. Shock implies an electric shock when really all you are doing is applying a shock to the dog's train of thought in the same way that throwing a bottle of marbles or those cymbal type discs near to a dog. It shocks it from its pre-occupation. A bit like a hypnotist clicking his fingers and you are back in the room.

Quite often you don't have to resort to anything other than the bleeper or buzzer. If used correctly you apply the 'shock' when the dog is ignoring your command and then as soon as you see the dog react to it get another command in as quick as you can and the dog should respond. Then praise or reward the dog. It doesn't take much to get success IF used correctly.