jonah lomu

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Specimen of a human being and one of a rare breed that transcends their sport and made people like me who don’t follow rugby sit up and take notice. Hard not to be moved to some extent seeing his

heavily over rated.probably the best player to ever step foot on a rugby pitch...

probably the best rugby player of all time.and now the rugby world cup is on.i often think what an amazing player he was. the stats are amazing. At 6 feet 5 inches (1.95 metres) and 275 pounds (1

A fantastic player yes ... athletic muscular fast and mobile yes ... but the best player ever no chance ... if you class him as the biggest winger ever he scored 37 tries compared to a small winger like Shane Williams who scored 58 tries so straight away he can’t be the best player ever ... to be fair he wasnt even the best best NZ player ever when you compare him to the likes of Richie McCawe who played a 148 test matches and was in the winning team of two world cups ... Alun Wyn Jones has just played 130 international games And captains wales so surely he has to have a better record than Lomu .... his health unfortunately cut his career short and whilst I loved watching him play he was nowhere near the best ever ........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Aye right .....had much dealings with Fijians playing have we ?? 

A few, back in the old days, when I worked at a certain rugby club, in the north west and they came on tour.

Edited to add; not the national fuucking team ?

Edited by mushroom
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

So if we suss out what club has a midget as a mascot we will know which one??

I'll have you know, I was a bloody good left winger, small fast and happy to put bigger boys down ?

Judo since I was 7 helped lol

10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

100 m in under 11 secs isn’t anything hugely impressive tbh 

I agree on some things you wrote stiffy on lomu........but it was 10.5 seconds which is very impressive.....so I cant agree on the above,,,,,was he great to watch.... without a dowt ...was he best player that's ever lived like king suggests ....no theres lots in front of him.....

funny I see this thread this morning ...only last night did I google his name and read up on him ....especialy his early death.....very sad to loose him at suchj a young age

• Like 1

Well, I don’t care what anyone says, I like watching him in the odd games I watched him in.........but not as much as I liked watching Bayern Munich rinse the Yids 7-2 at the toilet bowl because nothing could come close to the sheer, unadulterated pleasure of watching the crushed faces of their hideous fans ! Lol 

• Haha 1

Not the best player ever for me , I think there’s good list in front of him , would he be as affective now as he was then ? Scoring loads of try’s on the wing for the all blacks isn’t really hard when there scoring like they do 

56 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Edited to add eh ?

Stiffy. if you look at the context of the post I was replying too, it's pretty obvious that's what I was aiming at. From your reply, I knew it had passed over that noggin of yours. And maybe I should've been clearer. Hence the edit.

Does that make sense? Or do you need an argument ?

Edited by mushroom

well , if not the best ok, but bloody exciting to watch deff, and when it takes 3  strong / fit blokes to blokes to pull him down, weighing them selves  15 odd st , impressive  in my book, and not just his speed , his agility  as well for a big bloke .

• Like 1