jonah lomu

probably the best rugby player of all time.and now the rugby world cup is on.i often think what an amazing player he was.

the stats are amazing. At 6 feet 5 inches (1.95 metres) and 275 pounds (125 kg) 19st 6lb,, Lomu was exceptionally large for a wing player. Blessed with great speed (he ran 100 metres in under 11 seconds) and power, he was difficult to stop and often ran over opponents. He held numerous World Cup records,

not far from 20st and running the 100m in under 11 second's..

what a machine he was.r.i.p jonah lomu.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Specimen of a human being and one of a rare breed that transcends their sport and made people like me who don’t follow rugby sit up and take notice. Hard not to be moved to some extent seeing his

heavily over rated.probably the best player to ever step foot on a rugby pitch...

probably the best rugby player of all time.and now the rugby world cup is on.i often think what an amazing player he was. the stats are amazing. At 6 feet 5 inches (1.95 metres) and 275 pounds (1

1 minute ago, WILF said:

He was an awesome athlete to watch......and I think rugby is boring as f**k.

But Jonah......I could watch sportsmen of that calibre all day long 

he was so good wilf he made the pitch look small.

don't think we will see another like him in our life time...

Specimen of a human being and one of a rare breed that transcends their sport and made people like me who don’t follow rugby sit up and take notice.

Hard not to be moved to some extent seeing his peers pay tribute to him...

• Like 7

If ever a player was in the right place at the right time it was lomuh , In an era of huge immobile forwards and small , light nimble backs , the image of a pi ancestry winger of his size and speed in the famous all blacks jersey heavily weighed the odds in legend status , 

in reality it’s the equivalent of saying Tyson fury is the greatest boxer ever as there is very little to compare to him in his era . 

He was an anomaly at the time , however you can seriously argue that if you’d brought him 5 years in time forward and switched codes , he would have looked very very b rate against the physicality of Sculththorpe , the pressure game of rads and the guile of Farrell. 

As for pace , offiah would have shown him a clean pair of heels 

no doubting his ability and status , but he was heavily overrated imho 

8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

If ever a player was in the right place at the right time it was lomuh , In an era of huge immobile forwards and small , light nimble backs , the image of a pi ancestry winger of his size and speed in the famous all blacks jersey heavily weighed the odds in legend status , 

in reality it’s the equivalent of saying Tyson fury is the greatest boxer ever as there is very little to compare to him in his era . 

He was an anomaly at the time , however you can seriously argue that if you’d brought him 5 years in time forward and switched codes , he would have looked very very b rate against the physicality of Sculththorpe , the pressure game of rads and the guile of Farrell. 

As for pace , offiah would have shown him a clean pair of heels 

no doubting his ability and status , but he was heavily overrated imho 

heavily over rated.probably the best player to ever step foot on a rugby pitch...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An incredible athlete.

Put in perspective; at the time, I believe the world record was just under 10 seconds for 100m. That was for an athlete a lot less than 20 stone and training everyday to do it. 

Jonah was a leviathan, capable of running like an Olympic sprinter.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mushroom said:

An incredible athlete.

Put in perspective; at the time, I believe the world record was just under 10 seconds for 100m. That was for an athlete a lot less than 20 stone and training everyday to do it. 

Jonah was a leviathan, capable of running like an Olympic sprinter.

Most fujians are