fireworks

first complaint this year on my f/b page, any thoughts from people here on my answer

ok, i`ll take the shit over this, all this crap every bloody year with the complaints from pet owners about fireworks is exactly that, crap, does every f***ing cow, horse or sheep run about in a mad f***ing panic until it dies of a heart attack after every clap of thunder, does every animal in the natural world leave a streak of shit behind it after every flash of lightning? this world is totally f****d, even cats and dogs are now snowflakes

8 hours ago, neil82 said:

first complaint this year on my f/b page, any thoughts from people here on my answer

ok, i`ll take the shit over this, all this crap every bloody year with the complaints from pet owners about fireworks is exactly that, crap, does every f***ing cow, horse or sheep run about in a mad f***ing panic until it dies of a heart attack after every clap of thunder, does every animal in the natural world leave a streak of shit behind it after every flash of lightning? this world is totally f****d, even cats and dogs are now snowflakes

Most animals, domestic and wild, are far more tuned in to natural biorythms and sounds, and are not too adversely affected by thunder etc. 

Fireworks are a f***ing abomination which should be banned

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 6

I live next to a castle that does a massive display,about 5,000 people turnout for it......start slipping my old dogs half a valium when the f***ing idiots are letting them off a month before and after....found my old bitch hanging by her collar,after trying to climb out over the gate panel the 1 yr when.my neighbours were setting them off in the garden...2 mins more she would of been gone.....they serve no purpose imo,should only be available to proper organized displays and not the local f***ing chavs, who feel the need to set a few off every f***ing evening till new yr?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Dogs can hear thunder coming long before we can, my oldest bitch will be hiding in her kennel for a good ten mins before it’s overhead where as fireworks are just instant loud noises to a dog and it doesn’t have any clue what’s going on so to compare the two is quite frankly ludicrous 

Edited by Stoney100
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I live next to a castle that does a massive display,about 5,000 people turnout for it......start slipping my old dogs half a valium when the f***ing idiots are letting them off a month before and after....found my old bitch hanging by her collar,after trying to climb out over the gate panel the 1 yr when.my neighbours were setting them off in the garden...2 mins more she would of been gone.....they serve no purpose imo,should only be available to proper organized displays and not the local f***ing chavs, who feel the need to set a few off every f***ing evening till new yr?

34 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Dogs can hear thunder coming long before we can, my oldest bitch will be hiding in her kennel for a good ten mins before it’s overhead where as fireworks are just instant loud noises to a dog that and it doesn’t have any clue what’s going on so to compare the two is quite frankly ludicrous 

One of my mates had a great ESS bitch which he used for rough shooting. Obviously she was used to bangs etc, and they are ready for the noises before the shooting starts. 

And similar to you d c, one of his neighbours let off a couple of those ridiculously loud, bomb like f***ing things, and she disappeared over the garden wall never to be seen again.

Edited by shaaark
  • Sad 1

I've only ever had one dog that was scared of them and that was a patt x Russell, poor b*****d would pant, drool shake etc... Over here they don't need much excuse to let off a few grands worth of fireworks. It seems like almost every week there is some party or festival going on and Cabron (my lurcher) will sleep right through every one of them?. I live about 5 mins from a main square where they will regularly have 30min displays. With those types that go off and shake your windows and he never bats an eyelid. 

• Like 1

Bonfire night is one of my favourites - the fire has always been  my favourite bit but, I do like the food and the fireworks as well. 

We usually have a small get-together round ours on the 5th. Our 2 dogs are a bit apprehensive at first but, it doesn't take them long to be sat at the back door while the fireworks are going off.

First time i ever got bitten by a dog was on Fireworks night,i didnt have a clue...he was hiding behind a wall so i pulled him out saying words to the affect of " dont be such a tart "....ooops big mistake,ended up having micro surgery to my hand....lovely natured dog as well.

2 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

Always took my dogs to shoots, building site's, train stations etc as pups to experience different noises.Never had a problem, in fact they probably get more excited than the kids when they go off.

always done the same...but noticed when the dogs got to 7/8 yr old they no longer would?

8 hours ago, mushroom said:

I've only ever had one dog that was scared of them and that was a patt x Russell, poor b*****d would pant, drool shake etc... Over here they don't need much excuse to let off a few grands worth of fireworks. It seems like almost every week there is some party or festival going on and Cabron (my lurcher) will sleep right through every one of them?. I live about 5 mins from a main square where they will regularly have 30min displays. With those types that go off and shake your windows and he never bats an eyelid. 

They do love a firework out here ! We have just finished five weeks of fiestas for god knows what , but virtually every day there’s some sort of firework set of , from early morning bangers to wake everyone , to a mid day firework display down a major avenue , to two parts of the old town trying to outdo the other with rockets that explode and cause shock waves half a mile away . , to the end of season display that takes three days to set up , lasts a full thirty minutes at a cost you Couldn’t  begin to estimate ..

If you don’t like a firework Spain ain’t the place for you ...my lab doesn’t bat an eyelid ...

11 minutes ago, sussex said:

They do love a firework out here ! We have just finished five weeks of fiestas for god knows what , but virtually every day there’s some sort of firework set of , from early morning bangers to wake everyone , to a mid day firework display down a major avenue , to two parts of the old town trying to outdo the other with rockets that explode and cause shock waves half a mile away . , to the end of season display that takes three days to set up , lasts a full thirty minutes at a cost you Couldn’t  begin to estimate ..

If you don’t like a firework Spain ain’t the place for you ...my lab doesn’t bat an eyelid ...

Which region are you in mate?