a few old pics i found

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pip would sit there till she nearly caught fire then go and sit near the door to cool off then come back lol 

tess one of the fastest

sam not the best dog but we had some fun,

Posted Images

l would be over doged lf l got back the good dogs l have had, l have bean very lucky but then l always made the best of the average ones and still had fun, lol tiihls ls the best plc of luke l have threw all myi flrstii crosses, good dog hlm ran llke a courslng dog, not bad on the lamp elther pretty sharp for a 28" salukl.

DSCF8157.JPG

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Is the lad on the right from Dinnington he looks like a lad from dinnington that does a lot of rabbiting who is now in his 60s.

yes mate lt ls l haven't seen hlm for years, we dld a blt of allsorts back then lol.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Two crows,I heard that Gary lee’s dog Sargent was a good dog back in the day, did he just have a bad day when he ran in the feildfare challenge 

we all had a bad day to be fare lol we were supposed to go doubled up ln the flrst round, then slngle handed but there were no hares, garry was a mate of mlne but l never saw seagent run much but he was sald to be ok. lf l remember l lost my race because floss went ln cover and pushed the hare out and the other dog got back on lt, on lts own, that double runnlng though lol.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 21:13, darbo said:

An old fella who lived round the corner. Had lurchers from when he was a kid to his death as a old man. A proper one for the pot man. The dogs caught for the table.

10399259_10153914285790822_7879185614134686942_n.jpg

where was he from he looks allot llke my old man lol, but he never had dogs.

Just now, two crows said:

that's a shame how do you know hlm mate.

Through some older lads I knocked about with years ago I think they knew him through their older brother who worked with him and some other lads from that area in the early 70s he always used to go on about a good hare dog that some one called Phelpi had.

19 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Through some older lads I knocked about with years ago I think they knew him through their older brother who worked with him and some other lads from that area in the early 70s he always used to go on about a good hare dog that some one called Phelpi had.

that dog belonged to alan phelps lt was a top class dog my flrst bltch fly was lts slster or half slster she  was un real thls ls flash there dad

034.JPG

• Like 4
Just now, two crows said:

that dog belonged to alan phelps lt was a top class dog my flrst bltch fly was lts slster or half slster she  was un real thls ls flash there dad

034.JPG

Was Alans dog a first x .I remember a tale when some lads brought a pure greyhound to run against it and they ended up carrying the greyhound off the field in which it shit all down the lads back who was carrying it.lol

59 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Was Alans dog a first x .I remember a tale when some lads brought a pure greyhound to run against it and they ended up carrying the greyhound off the field in which it shit all down the lads back who was carrying it.lol

now you mentlon lt lt was so fly's half brother, a travellng chap came to run hlm wlth a deerhound cross, and phelps dog kllled 2 off the flrst sllp, and matey sald my dog cant do that payed up and left lol are you from round that way mate.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 1