3/4 whippet 1/4 saluki

Did anyone used to run this cross on hares before it was banned, never witnessed it but I would have thought on smaller fields providing 1/4 was enough saluki to give it more heart and lungs and a bit more height with good whippet blood they would have been worth a go, good lamping and ferreting dogs as well, anyone run this cross now and any pics of them

A bitch I saw run a few times on the lamp was this way bred Kim her name gained a bit of a rep on edible round here she missed very little  she was a joy to watch work  but was a funny thing wouldn't run for any one but the lad that owned her or wouldn't retrieve if a another dog was in the field but a cracking bitch 

• Like 2

I never went lamping until a lad I knew a bit from a firm we dealt with said he had a lurcher and lamped, he took me out, the little red bitch was about 7 or 8 then and she made a good lamper live to hand every time, and dint miss much at all.

I will tell you the tale, are you sitting comfortably. then I,le begin, a long time ago in a land far away, I got a bitch called fly she was off a bedlington lurcher bitch to a saluki dog, I mated her to a whippet to get rusty the fawn bitch above, p ups from that litter went all over the midlands mostly to pigeon men who knew my old man  leister, Loughborough , Darby, Nottingham  and worksop area, a dog that stayed local called skip looked like a big version of my bitch, went to a black and tan saluki lurcher off the original saluki flash, I used a red dog from this union over rusty to produce peggy the red bitch, peggy sadly never came in season her whole life, I tried to put rusty to a pure saluki when she was old but she never took, some years later a mate of mine used to hawk timber, round leistershire , got talking to a fella walking his dogs, vin used to stop and talk to this chap a lot, and it turned out his old bitch came down from mine, vin got me a young broken coated fawn bitch off him witch was supposed to be great grand daughter to fly, sandy she was called but she was very average in the day on hares so another mate had her to old age and she was a good bitch for him lamping ets but never bred from. every pup that came out of old fly could kill hares. this is sandy from leister with two of my daughters both now in their  thirty's.

036.JPG

• Like 7
5 hours ago, two crows said:

I will tell you the tale, are you sitting comfortably. then I,le begin, a long time ago in a land far away, I got a bitch called fly she was off a bedlington lurcher bitch to a saluki dog, I mated her to a whippet to get rusty the fawn bitch above, p ups from that litter went all over the midlands mostly to pigeon men who knew my old man  leister, Loughborough , Darby, Nottingham  and worksop area, a dog that stayed local called skip looked like a big version of my bitch, went to a black and tan saluki lurcher off the original saluki flash, I used a red dog from this union over rusty to produce peggy the red bitch, peggy sadly never came in season her whole life, I tried to put rusty to a pure saluki when she was old but she never took, some years later a mate of mine used to hawk timber, round leistershire , got talking to a fella walking his dogs, vin used to stop and talk to this chap a lot, and it turned out his old bitch came down from mine, vin got me a young broken coated fawn bitch off him witch was supposed to be great grand daughter to fly, sandy she was called but she was very average in the day on hares so another mate had her to old age and she was a good bitch for him lamping ets but never bred from. every pup that came out of old fly could kill hares. this is sandy from leister with two of my daughters both now in their  thirty's.

036.JPG

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would've been suffice. You've just confused the gubbins out of me now! Lol ? ?