"Meat is Cancer!"...............................NOPE!

8 minutes ago, mushroom said:

IBS is what they call it when they have no fuucking idea mate. I went through 3 years of tests, cameras down my throat/up my arse. Countless blood tests, biopsies, x-rays, MRI, allsorts. Eventually my dr (the darling that she is) demanded that certain tests be made available to me, which apparently cost a fuuck load of money and are not widely offered. She wangled it and low and behold there was the issue (or part of it).

IBS is a cop out. To all of you... If your dr has told you you have this. Go back and demand the breath test for fructose and lactose. Don't let them fob you off. If I had never found out about this and continued with my normal diet, it could've been fatal for me.

Sounds like you went through the ringer lad. Good that your Dr fought your case for you for the tests. 

Good your on the mend again. 

Your right about the ibs and doctors, they just tell you that, because sometimes they don't have a clue, and it's easier for them to keep pumping you with drugs, and more money for them also.

I firmly believe a lot of illnesses is down to a person's diet.

Atb j 

• Like 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything in moderation is the answer.

At the risk of being boringly obvious here moderation, variety in whole foods etc & cutting out man made shite in your diet has to be key. I’ve been working on my diet for years which has included

The one thing I have noticed with regard to health is that the vast majority of old men have flat stomachs. The grim reaper loves fat bellies. I've seen a lot of my friends die before their time of ob

3 minutes ago, jetro said:

Sounds like you went through the ringer lad. Good that your Dr fought your case for you for the tests. 

Good your on the mend again. 

Your right about the ibs and doctors, they just tell you that, because sometimes they don't have a clue, and it's easier for them to keep pumping you with drugs, and more money for them also.

I firmly believe a lot of illnesses is down to a person's diet.

Atb j 

That's the other thing... I flat out refused to take any drugs, until they knew what they were treating. Tried giving me some very serious shit, with potentially very serious side effects. I said, I will continue with the pain until we nail what it is love lol. 

Drs will shove what they can down your neck to make them look like they're doing their job. And that came from my dr here..

I even asked her about drug companies giving her money for prescribing their products and she told me that she refused to be part of it and only prescribes what she thinks is correct, no matter the manufacturer or pound notes offered.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Normally B12 is stored in the live and it is water soluble (so you can't overdose). Never knew people couldn't store it.

That's what they keep telling her, also it can't be taken in tablet, or liquid forum, just injections, which is quite painful she says 

Atb j 

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

That's the other thing... I flat out refused to take any drugs, until they knew what they were treating. Tried giving me some very serious shit, with potentially very serious side effects. I said, I will continue with the pain until we nail what it is love lol. 

Drs will shove what they can down your neck to make them look like they're doing their job. And that came from my dr here..

I even asked her about drug companies giving her money for prescribing their products and she told me that she refused to be part of it and only prescribes what she thinks is correct, no matter the manufacturer or pound notes offered.

Lol, that's so true about the drugs.

They put me on 16 tablets a day about 10 years ago, said i had a massive hearth attack. 

Turns out I never had a heart attack, or any problems what so ever with my heart.  Bloody drugs drove me mad. I bloted out, and got seriously fed up. 

As a new doctor said not so long ago to me," we're not here to cure you, just to keep you alive" says it all really.

Atb j 

• Like 1

If you pay the right money to the right people you can get your study to conclude or ‘prove’ anything you want.

I try and eat a ‘balance’ and range  of foods, just because I think that’s what we’ve evolved to eat. Sugar for me is the killer.., and fizzy drinks. I won’t let my kids near them.

If you're ok then then you're ok. Do not overthink it. If you're f****d then you probably will always be f****d. Diet has nothing to do with it. Deal the cards that you have been dealt.

The only person who made me doubt myself was a Czech ballet dancer that turned my world upside down when I met her. My eating habits, my morals my ethics. She tried but failed to make me a better person.

I ended up saving her life in more ways than one.