new addition

recently took on a lurcher male the lady that i bought him from didnt have too much info on the dog all she knew was its a lurcher thats 2 years old and was selling due to a relationship breakdown (that old chestnut) i think he is possibly saluki bull grey anyhow ill get him in better condition and see whats what hes staying reguardless if anybody has an idea what his breeding might be id be interested to hear 

cheers blackd

• Like 1

Most dogs are good for something if you just enjoy the hunt and aren't too fussed what the quarry is. If he's staying regardless put the time in, build a good bond and enter him slowly. When he's good at something do more of it, if he's crap at something do less or try again when he's a bit older. Getting out walking the country on your own is good advice, opportunities will arise and you will see what you are both made of. Buy an opinel and don't forget it when you go out!

• Like 1

salukis are perfect for most stuff,its how you approach their work ethic,in my opinion..i find most who knock em havent owned one and havent the necessary skills to train a strong willed dog,or any dog for that matter at times  ..ive 2 here that are the most biddable of dogs and one that took that bit more patience and a different approach....you find a lot of those that knock the breed f**k up with any breed of dog ,

• Like 3
4 hours ago, jigsaw said:

salukis are perfect for most stuff,its how you approach their work ethic,in my opinion..i find most who knock em havent owned one and havent the necessary skills to train a strong willed dog,or any dog for that matter at times  ..ive 2 here that are the most biddable of dogs and one that took that bit more patience and a different approach....you find a lot of those that knock the breed f**k up with any breed of dog ,

To be honest its not the obedience ive struggled with its there sly ways of overunning stuff and waiting on mistakes when shown alot of running.