till we meet again

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my beloved best mate and sweetheart, Ruthy  1945  today 455 pm see you soon babe, hope I did you proud

I've spoken to Keith tonight and he is ok.

There are all different types of characters on this site, they can be howling to hilarious and everything in between. Some of them would hate each other and some would get on well. There are

Posted Images

Mate I'm sorry for your loss. As has been said, you stood up when needed and I'm damn sure thy Ruthy is proud as hell of you. 

I have tears in my eyes mate as I write this. I've been through the testing and being told to expect the worst etc. I had to do all that alone, couldn't and didn't tell a soul. You gave Ruthy a hand to hold through all of this. Believe me she was happy that you held it. 

My love to you mate, take care ?

• Like 1

Ive found the countryside to be a great healer,truly.i walk along talking to myself,swearing,thinking,reflecting, getting a bit down,then upset.proper gave myself a good talking on many a walk.lots of lads been in the same situation,myself included but even to this day i cant talk about it,rips me up rotten.(even see the doctor,no help thier.)if you want to pm me for a chat kieth,please do anytime my friend ,keep focused mate.

• Like 10

Cheers for the comments lads, keep your chin up Keith it's what she'd have wanted and expected, my old dad lost his wife of 60 yrs yesterday and me a mum, christ when I was a kid she ruled with a rod of iron and kept us in line with a few hard cracks on the arse wae a barbers strap lol? To look at her yesterday after a 18mth fight with cancer and she fought every step of the way it was heartbreaking, I never realised what there is involved in organising a funeral christ there's alot.On Saturday evening she told my dad she loved him and me it was nearly hare season so time for her to go, she was a Mum, Gran and Great gran and a lovely person but christ she could draw that strap off your arse ?? so cheers again lads and atb Kieth

• Like 17
26 minutes ago, brambles said:

Cheers for the comments lads, keep your chin up Keith it's what she'd have wanted and expected, my old dad lost his wife of 60 yrs yesterday and me a mum, christ when I was a kid she ruled with a rod of iron and kept us in line with a few hard cracks on the arse wae a barbers strap lol? To look at her yesterday after a 18mth fight with cancer and she fought every step of the way it was heartbreaking, I never realised what there is involved in organising a funeral christ there's alot.On Saturday evening she told my dad she loved him and me it was nearly hare season so time for her to go, she was a Mum, Gran and Great gran and a lovely person but christ she could draw that strap off your arse ?? so cheers again lads and atb Kieth

Condolences brambles. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brambles said:

Condolences brambles 

• Like 1

Words fail me lads,bless you IWW and may her strength help you through the  dark times,Brambles, all the very best to you and your Dad and your Mum sounds a bit like my one,just my one used a wooden spoon instead..:thumbs:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

im in between pacing from room to room and viewing your replies Wilf, the doctor ordered me a hospital bed for downstairs I could no longer get her upstairs to bed these last few months, they have just been to deliver it, I told him she had passed . ive got lots to say but it will all come in dribs n drabs,this is the only place I have to offload my thoughts, how sad is that, b ut thanks for putting up with me, the doctor rang last night hes coming to visit me this afternoon, 360 quid for the death cerificate

It's not sad Keith you need some were to offload your thoughts at this hard time and going by the responses you have had I know all the lads have respect for you the one thing I can say is when a member is in need of a lift the folk on here have always  come up trumps throughout the years and your not alone buddy share whatever you feel I'm sure when the times right if you ask for anything you will be sorted and try keep your chin up Keith 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 3

True words Blackmag:clapper:

I've not suffered as Keith has,..but, I do know how kind, the members of THL can be when someone, is in the depths of despair.

Terrible things can occur, right out of the blue and, the truth is, nobody is exempt from illness... 

Folk tell me, that time is a great healer, well,.. lI sincerely hope that it is...?

• Like 6

if it wasn't for the funeral coming up, id be gone now, ive got nowt but greif and loneliness in front of me, ok im a loner but we spent 30 odd years together I even heard her shouting for me last night twice, no idle threats here enough is enough do last right thing by her then its im joining her I want to be with her again, sorry lads but I need to offload my thoughtssomewhere I feel really f***ing ill

its the way she died that's done it for me, she didn't go in peace,she died in agony in my arms in front of the district nurse and macmillan, nowt they could do cos I had given her the legal dose of morphine, a good 20- mins I cradled her in f***ing agony gasping for breath