till we meet again

not worried about money my friend, not in the least, but ive been told by the doctor I need 2 death certificates 180 quid each, you know whats suddenly hit me is the fact that for 2 years ive cared for ruthy, give up my outings with my dogs n ferrets, priorities didn't even enter my head she needed me, I was there for her 24 7, and believe you me, these last few months was indeed 24 7, the times she thanked me, and said she was sorry for being a nuisance, my reply was you cannot help the illness you have, and told her you aren't and never will be a nuisance, and I genuinely meant that, I can honestly hold my head up knowing I gave her my all, buit thatdoesnt alter the fact that shes gone, 2 years of caring, no time for myself, and now ive all the time in the world with nowt to do, a whole new ball game for me now, she wanted to die at home, she was going nowhere a couple of weeks ago, sunday night I think it was she was in that much pain I called an ambulance, hoping they would admit her stop the pain, only to be told she could be on a corridor for up to 10 hours or more, no thanks I said, and gave her more pain relief, yesterday about an hour before she passed she was in agony I was phoning the surgery and doggie mack, ruth asked me for help, I had stuff that could see off a herd of elephants, and was on the verge when district nurse and doggie mack where knocking on my door, frantically both of em trying to get her admitted no hospital  only to be told no beds available, nor at doggie mack, she had already taken the legal amount of morphine and other stuff, but died in agony, that's whats  upsetting to me

Edited by iworkwhippets
correction
  • Sad 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my beloved best mate and sweetheart, Ruthy  1945  today 455 pm see you soon babe, hope I did you proud

I've spoken to Keith tonight and he is ok.

There are all different types of characters on this site, they can be howling to hilarious and everything in between. Some of them would hate each other and some would get on well. There are

Posted Images

for the last few months when she was really poorly, I would awake hoping she had passed away in the night, no more pain, but deep down in my heart, I was hoping for one more day with her, right lads, ive nowt in to eat, catch up with some housework, and washing to do, but there is a sheet in the washer she wet the bed whilst passing the poor lady, I will leave that for a while oh f**k me I am down

If she had already taken the legal amount of morphine they wouldn’t have been able to do any more for her at the hospital I dont think mate but I understand why you phoned them, you just wanted to try and do everything you could to help her.

However, it sounds to me like she fell asleep exactly how she would have wished, in her home and with you at her side.....she isn’t in anymore pain now mate and she got her wish, that’s one good thing in a terrible situation.

• Like 1

I'm really sorry for your loss mate, we nearly lost my mum through lung cancer earlier this year and then my dad died suddenly in June so my mum has been in a bad way. The doctors gave her some anti depressants as soon as my dad died to try and get her through it and I've been trying my best to keep an eye out for her and help with things.  You need to speak to someone mate and tell them how you feel. It still hurts me now to think about my dad so it must be unbearable for my mum and everything in the house and her daily life reminds her of him. 

• Like 1

Lost my brother and sister a few years ago and my ma and pa three years ago within a few days of each other. Still struggle with it. One minute they’re here....dad was so poorly he couldn’t even attend mums funeral after 66 married 

• Sad 1

keith.

im very sad to hear of your loss.infact you got me shedding a tear for your loss.as im sure load's of other lad's have shed a few on here aswell.

we all have memory's of lost 1's and it hit's the soul like a sledge hammer.

i don't know where in the country you are..

but ive got 2 jill's and 3 hob's here.

my best jill and worker is 3yr old (rose) and has an amazing nature about her.probably the tamest ferret in the country.

you are more than welcome to have her if you want.she will give you many a good day out in the field.and ultimately put a smile on your face in time..

i will sort out getting her to you.if you are to far someone off her will meet me somewhere to get her to you im sure..

all the best keith..

dean....

• Like 6

See Keith, look what you have gone and done now.......you have got a bunch of absolute pricks talking like normal human beings, this will never do !

Get yourself a dog and get a few posts up so that we can all get back to being arseholes to each other  because frankly I’m starting to feel uncomfortable ! Lol ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I did know that the hospital wouldn't be able to do anything more for her Wilf, I was panicking trying to do by best for her, king thanks for the offer, but I aren't ready for out like that at the moment. Newkid, to sit here and thank you for your offer just doesn't seem enough, but thank you very much I will certainly take you up on that offer at a later date, now lads , most inconsiderate of me with my post, but it seems I brought back sad memories for some of you, so I apologise cant thank you all enough for your replies , just got back from the shop with a bag of grub, and they never charged me a  penny, see you later lads, thank you

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, WILF said:

See Keith, look what you have gone and done now.......you have got a bunch of absolute pricks talking like normal human beings, this will never do !

Get yourself a dog and get a few posts up so that we can all get back to being arseholes to each other  because frankly I’m starting to feel uncomfortable ! Lol ;) 

Haha.... too right.. 

Hes done us all!!

Bloody woke up thinking about him this morning!! Lol

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

I did know that the hospital wouldn't be able to do anything more for her Wilf, I was panicking trying to do by best for her, king thanks for the offer, but I aren't ready for out like that at the moment. Newkid, to sit here and thank you for your offer just doesn't seem enough, but thank you very much I will certainly take you up on that offer at a later date, now lads , most inconsiderate of me with my post, but it seems I brought back sad memories for some of you, so I apologise cant thank you all enough for your replies , just got back from the shop with a bag of grub, and they never charged me a  penny, see you later lads, thank you

As said welcome anytime.. I'll message you my number...

Take it steady mate.. 

Kev