till we meet again

Sorry to hear of your loss mate feel for you mate stay strong pal I’ve been there watched my dad take is last breath 4 years ago heart breaking got my Lurcher as a pup day after i buried him named him after my dad so when I’m out doing what he breed for i always think Of my old man stay strong mate atb longers01 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my beloved best mate and sweetheart, Ruthy  1945  today 455 pm see you soon babe, hope I did you proud

I've spoken to Keith tonight and he is ok.

There are all different types of characters on this site, they can be howling to hilarious and everything in between. Some of them would hate each other and some would get on well. There are

Posted Images

Your other gift was being Humble you  and the little whippet put alote smiles on peoples faces you killed for the pot old school hunter to me I give you my total respect that's something no one can buy loner hunter man and dog every day another venture I hope it returns fella to me you were top of the board . Atb 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Mate, you are in a bad place at the moment.......take a deep breath and just give yourself a month.

76 is no age and if your beloved wife saw something in you she would be heartbroken to think you didn’t see it in yourself.

Theres is always a sunrise and there is plenty out there for you still.

You have cared for your wife with tenderness and love for a long time and there are hundreds of people who really need someone who has that skill and experience........someone who has been there......find them, find an organisation that needs you.

Make her proud old chap.

That's a fantastic post Wilf...

No one can say anything to ease your pain Keith, but loads of us on here enjoyed your posts with your whippet and ferret, it was as hunting should be, it made us all remember how we should behave in the field and really what hunting and particularly this site is about, sharing real experiences....no ego... no bullshit...just a man out enjoying nature and grabbing a rabbit or 2 for the pot....

We have also felt for you as you have shared snippets of what you have been going through, having to give up on your past time to care for your wife....we have read and shared that with you, felt for you and hoped that life would take a better, unseen turn for you....its a strange place on this site, because although we all have the odd row and talk too much shit at times, I genuinely believe we do make real connections on here....look at the outpouring of genuine sympathy for you...you may feel lonely and that can not be changed by any words you read on here, but they are all sent to you from men, many  you have never met, but because of rhe sincerity when you write on this forum we have responded in this way.... I suppose I hope you can take some solace in these small acts alone....

Stay strong mate ..

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Hi kieth,very sad news,its is heart breaking, you showed your strengh in caring for your good wife and you must find it again now.please look to the future it will brighten up.the countryside is a great healer i believe.regards qbgrey

• Like 1

Keep your head up keith mate you was a good man to look after your woman like you have... come and have a few days at my house mate and im sure you would want to be a loner again with 4 kids and one on the way lol... anytime you want a chat give us a shout pal.. and if your stuck for christmas theres a space at my table for you. Atb mate hope the pain eases 

• Like 9

good morning lads, and many thanks for your response, and sorry for reaping up memories to those that have lost loved ones,what a night ive had pacing from room to room puffing away at the fags, staring through windows nobody about at 3 am, yes Wilf im in a very bad place at the moment, the only solace I have, is the fact that once ive seen my lady put to rest, there is a way out, now I don't want any of you thinking, here we go, an attention seeking old git, im just speaking the truth from my heart, im already dead inside, its quite rightly hit me hard the loss of ruth, I cradled her head in my arms stooped over the bed we have shared for 30 odd years, my back was killing me tiil she passed im my arms, yes im in a very bad place indeed,

5 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

good morning lads, and many thanks for your response, and sorry for reaping up memories to those that have lost loved ones,what a night ive had pacing from room to room puffing away at the fags, staring through windows nobody about at 3 am, yes Wilf im in a very bad place at the moment, the only solace I have, is the fact that once ive seen my lady put to rest, there is a way out, now I don't want any of you thinking, here we go, an attention seeking old git, im just speaking the truth from my heart, im already dead inside, its quite rightly hit me hard the loss of ruth, I cradled her head in my arms stooped over the bed we have shared for 30 odd years, my back was killing me tiil she passed im my arms, yes im in a very bad place indeed,

Pick up the phone and talk to someone mate, do it now.

• Like 2

im in between pacing from room to room and viewing your replies Wilf, the doctor ordered me a hospital bed for downstairs I could no longer get her upstairs to bed these last few months, they have just been to deliver it, I told him she had passed . ive got lots to say but it will all come in dribs n drabs,this is the only place I have to offload my thoughts, how sad is that, b ut thanks for putting up with me, the doctor rang last night hes coming to visit me this afternoon, 360 quid for the death cerificate

55 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

im in between pacing from room to room and viewing your replies Wilf, the doctor ordered me a hospital bed for downstairs I could no longer get her upstairs to bed these last few months, they have just been to deliver it, I told him she had passed . ive got lots to say but it will all come in dribs n drabs,this is the only place I have to offload my thoughts, how sad is that, b ut thanks for putting up with me, the doctor rang last night hes coming to visit me this afternoon, 360 quid for the death cerificate

Mate, at times like this it can seem one thing after the other......every other thing is another kick in the bollocks.

I held my old man in my arms as he died when I was nearly 11 years old, my mum was a useless mess so I had look after her an all.

It was alright for “the grown ups”.....they had other grown ups but I had nobody and my old man was my whole world.

It takes a long time and a lot of hard thinking to come to terms with that, you have to realise that you can’t make sense of things that just dont have a reason.....they just “are” and that’s it.

Then you lay down that bag of rocks and move along and try and live the best you can, in doing that you honour the person and you honour yourself.

There will be plenty of people on this site who have been in your position, you ain’t alone and that is worth remembering matey.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

When the doctor comes tell him how you are feeling. I think you are worrying unnecessarily about money. The certificate doesn't cost anywhere near that mate. Life's always worth living even it's it's not as great as when you were younger. There's always something interesting in the day to keep you going. Get out with the dogs into God's cathedral:--the countryside. There's nothing more healing to  the mind.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1