Tree markings,who done it.

i was out with the lad and his springer on a local spot this morning and came across these tree markings,it got the better of me so i took these pictures it looks well rubbed all the way round.

any ideas??

treemarkings3.jpg

treemarkings2.jpg

treemarkings4.jpg

treemarking5.jpg

Its a bit hard to tell how high off the floor the rub is, about a foot roughly?.... somethings been having a good ole scratch though.... squirrel damage i've seen is more in one area than all round like that.... dunno... :hmm: do dear start to rub thier antlers at this time of year? :pardon:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Going by what I've seen my donkey and goats to have done, mate ~ and the height, as judged from the rifle there as well as the fencing? I'd suggest a Roe Deer's been having a nibble.

Thanks folks,gave me a bit of a buzz :laugh: ive had this permission for 5 years on the condition i patch up any wire and fences that are down if i come across any, in that time ive been told by 2 or 3 people that deer are found there on occassion but to date ive not seen one,still its nice to know somethings passing through there cheers.

How about badger - they usually have a tree where they scratch. At the back of the tree just above the lower strand of wire, is that a small area of bark that couldn't be reached? - ie. an animal reaching up from below the level of the wire. Only a thought - probably nonsense.

Zek.

How about badger - they usually have a tree where they scratch. At the back of the tree just above the lower strand of wire, is that a small area of bark that couldn't be reached? - ie. an animal reaching up from below the level of the wire. Only a thought - probably nonsense.

Zek.

Yes i go along with the badger possibility........but without a close inspection it's hard to tell.

Stallion.