Eley Pro Eco Wad

On 29/09/2019 at 11:04, Longshanx said:

Geoff Garrod done a field test on The Shooting show if this helps, not asked about any yet but Ive to suppliers up here who supply eley could ask for you. 

Yeah co-incidentally, I watched the same vid about 2 weeks ago. Look very very good if the video is anything to go by. Only issue with a pro shooter is you never about sponsorship.

On 28/09/2019 at 19:23, David.evans said:

Look the part rim 

but don’t think plastic will go down to well with the farmers , more so dairy 

can you get them in fibre? 

Atb mate 

You can't use fibre with steel shot. Too much barrel wear. The whole point of a cup rather than a wad with steel is it prevents contact between the barrel and shot. There are also restrictions with chocking and steel although I presume you're probably already familiar with those.

10 hours ago, Alsone said:

You can't use fibre with steel shot. Too much barrel wear. The whole point of a cup rather than a wad with steel is it prevents contact between the barrel and shot. There are also restrictions with chocking and steel although I presume you're probably already familiar with those.

Some have used fibre and a card protective cylinder but I don't know who.

They use to be available to reloader from suppliers.

• Like 1
On 29/09/2019 at 11:04, Longshanx said:

Geoff Garrod done a field test on The Shooting show if this helps, not asked about any yet but Ive to suppliers up here who supply eley could ask for you. 

Geoff Garrod the only keeper i know who spends more time pigeon shooting than f*****g Keepering, i'de sack the twat!

• Haha 4
On 29/09/2019 at 14:25, Rimfireboy! said:

That’s something to consider, after looking at the video that longshanx put on. It makes you wonder how long the cartridges can be kept and still retain the integrity to protect your barrel? Those wads turned to mosh in a few hours.

Good point that? the next test should be give them a light spray of water and leave them for a day, then open them up and see what they look like inside

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Good point that? the next test should be give them a light spray of water and leave them for a day, then open them up and see what they look like inside

Or....just don't buy any....or maybe just a box and keep a few in a pocket, replace them when the printing wares off them!