Eley Pro Eco Wad

55 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Look the part rim 

but don’t think plastic will go down to well with the farmers , more so dairy 

can you get them in fibre? 

Atb mate 

That's just it David, they are new,  the wad isn't plastic and it breaks downs to nothing (albeit within few months)

9 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Anyway, has anybody actually used any of these bleddy things, do they actually exist?  If so, are they any good performance wise?

I was going to try a couple of boxes but me mate at the shop said he's not going to stock them until there tried and tested,

he mentioned something about the crimping not being the best and a few other things but I'll not go into that!

so he gave me a box of these to try on the pigeons and crows, not cheap but he'd sort me a good price if I wanted some and its more of a test drive!

fullsizeoutput_5e9.jpeg.32f59fab7cb3e7755b110c998bae6ea2.jpeg

im not a fan of leaving plastic all over the countryside so I use fibre any way..

I did a few tests last year as to shooting plastic over fibre and came to the conclusion that fibres better in the semi I use any way.. all the plastic wads hit or dropped just short of the target and looked like id pulled to the left and the fibre hit dead centre with way more consistency... so unless he gets them in and wants to give me some freebies ill give them a miss and stick with fibre!

1295914591_KbhXkXTtmDkhhgn1Uvg.jpg.23c05cd68298ad28337e340b69b3cdb8.jpg

985428988_Jke1unvT5SBHNLf5c6Udg.jpg.5c66dbb04eb500f652bc78a171a07898.jpg

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Has anybody on here used these yet, or even seen any for sale? I thought I might just try a box or two, but when I’ve asked locally, and also not so locally for that matter, I’ve just been met with something of a vacant look. 

CF7C2364-6E1F-4252-805A-F7875B140EBB.jpeg

Geoff Garrod done a field test on The Shooting show if this helps, not asked about any yet but Ive to suppliers up here who supply eley could ask for you. 

Edited by Longshanx
  • Like 2
59 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Who makes the SilverSteel Si ?

there made by Kent Cartridge 

I know the shot size seems a bit over kill but I recon it'll balance out about the same energy as 5/6 lead at same distance!

them eco wad have got to be some kind of pva based compound and I know from years of fishing and using pva stuff that it turns to shit when it gets damp..

how will the cartridges hold up to getting damp when there in you bag or pockets and getting put away again:hmm:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

there made by Kent Cartridge 

I know the shot size seems a bit over kill but I recon it'll balance out about the same energy as 5/6 lead at same distance!

them eco wad have got to be some kind of pva based compound and I know from years of fishing and using pva stuff that it turns to shit when it gets damp..

how will the cartridges hold up to getting damp when there in you bag or pockets and getting put away again:hmm:

That’s something to consider, after looking at the video that longshanx put on. It makes you wonder how long the cartridges can be kept and still retain the integrity to protect your barrel? Those wads turned to mosh in a few hours.