gun choice

Had a couple of 510’s and both were spot on... you’ll get a load of reply’s saying Daystate are overpriced shite and there right?

Stay away from Daystate, there’s a reason not many shops stock them. 

You’ll get the hw100 crew along soon as well but personally I’d say an s510 is on par with a hw100

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Im with si on this i shot his 510 liked it that much put one away

but changed my mind for the FX crown 22

620 shots a fill and a 18 shot mag BUT a few hundred quid more

but what a rifle worth every penny extra i payed

and as for the hw100 crew they can keep them now i have the crown

had a few hw100,s and yes there spot on apart from the kt it has a big hole in the stock lol

so one for the 510

one for the crown

and go on then one for the hw100 to

(cant put up with the shit off the hw100 crew )

THERE ALL TWATS

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Stevo.

I know of a couple of dealers who will not sell Daystate because the the company back up (which is often needed). Buy a new Daystate and find a fault within days of purchase and gaystate will say it's your fault........... this perhaps is why many dealers will not have anything to do with the company. I have owned neither of these guns however I will take a wager that the vast majority of shooters will tell you to buy the 510 including me, why .............build quality, simples.

Phil

• Like 1

Steeeeeeeeeev - O, Steeeeeeev - O .

I've never had a Huntsman but, I've had a few Daystates and, they've all been spot on - I only got rid because the electronics and the service costs make me cringe :huh:

I've had a 510 Ultimate Sporter that was also very good. I like Air Arms so, from your choices,  my recommendation would be the 510 :yes:

But, don't rule out the HW100 - Best all round sub 12 pcp that money can buy :yes:

Better still, with your budget, buy a proper rifle like a TX200 and, still have enough left over for some pellets and a back street knee trembler with some ol' sort ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

l bought a Daystate Huntsman Classic for my partner Helen. It is still, such a nice rifle. Nothing wrong at all with it. We love it.

So...I bought the Daystate Huntsman Regal .177 on the strength of it and that rifle, supposedly the next development of the Huntsman, was the bloody opposite!! Total dissatisfaction personified! Poor internals, low powered and a barrel jacket that is loose and cheaply fitted.

Daystate have earned a terrible reputation thanks to this underpowered, undermade, overpriced turkey which meant, getting a reasonable return on resale or trade-in was impossible.

However. It has gorgeous looks and it handles and shoots beautifully smooth. And it is phenomenally accurate. 

It's powerplant of a Harper valve system is just utter shit that let it down terribly. Aside from poor fit of barrel jacket.

So, the solution was,  I spent another £120 on a custom made Airtech regulator for it and the guy who made it for me transformed the rifle into a superb hunting PCP. I absolutely love it for rabbit and pidgeon shooting. 

But an £800.00 PCP, needing another 120 quid spending on it is a bloody poor show. 

And Daystate have resorted to chucking out the Harper valve system and installing a regulator (Huma I think.) But tvat might be a measure too late. They are going to take years to restore a good reputation in the eyes of shooters who've been bitten by them 

If I was buying a new PCP now it would likely be  a Weihrauch HW100. Or an Air Arms job. Superb guns that work properly.

But not a Daystate. Too risky to spend that sort  of cash fir my liking. 

In the end though, l  reverted to my beloved spring rifles. HW80 FAC .22 HW77 .22 Air Arms Pro Sport. 22. Nothing beats them in my hands. Beautiful, powerful, PCP accurate. I need nothing more than these for getting out into the fields and a productive nights shooting. Love em!

All the best.

Simon.

• Like 3

Daystates are over rated , over priced crap 

shooters are still having problems , even after all the bad reviews from shooters like myself . We all know ever brand will have problems, but it’s how the company deals with problems and daystate are the worse

Trouble with some of the AA pcp guns , some of the barrels start having rust pitting  on them . Seen quite a few and even my own had it 

My choice would be HW 100k any day of the week . IMO the best pcp made , I said it before and will say it again, even better than rapids  :yes:

• Like 4
On 03/10/2019 at 20:18, villaman said:

Daystates are over rated , over priced crap 

shooters are still having problems , even after all the bad reviews from shooters like myself . We all know ever brand will have problems, but it’s how the company deals with problems and daystate are the worse

Trouble with some of the AA pcp guns , some of the barrels start having rust pitting  on them . Seen quite a few and even my own had it 

My choice would be HW 100k any day of the week . IMO the best pcp made , I said it before and will say it again, even better than rapids  :yes:

Nooooo .better than rapids??  Lol in all fairness the hw100 is a very well built rifle  and the air arms s410 is definitely value for money .