CURRY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Al's Kitchen is good,...I do love curry and as you so rightly say, his 'base gravy ' recipe helps out a lot... Mind you,  when you have tasted the street food, in various areas of the Middle East

For me; I will immerse myself anywhere I go... (when in Rome). Food, culture, people etc. Don't enjoy all of it but I will say... People are funny fuucks who can and will surprise you with their hospi

Mines is tarka similar but a little otter

Posted Images

Mechanically recovered Meat ! Earholes  Arseholes and Eyebrows , most comes from Holland in 7 grades  Take aways use mainly grade 6  Pie makers grade 4 . Vile stuff along with packet Ham and Spun Gammon Joints . Old Butchers saying  Never buy any  thing in a Skin or Crust ..

• Like 2
On 28/09/2019 at 04:36, micky said:

My Mrs likes to make Curry  and the Recipes she has following are from  ALS KITCHEN , these are very quick and easy to make and if you stick to the Recipe the Madras is outstanding , if you do it make plenty of base sauce because its very moreish .

I use the recipes from Als Kitchen Micky, have done so for quite a while now, and you're right they are bang on and easy to make. I've made a few for friends and they swear the Madras and Jal frazie are as good the local Indian

• Like 1
3 hours ago, micky said:

Mechanically recovered Meat ! Earholes  Arseholes and Eyebrows , most comes from Holland in 7 grades  Take aways use mainly grade 6  Pie makers grade 4 . Vile stuff along with packet Ham and Spun Gammon Joints . Old Butchers saying  Never buy any  thing in a Skin or Crust ..

my thoughts all the way ,they could be anything under the pile of shite like substance,...how could you be certain the stuff you eat isnt a bulls balls or something from these places that sell curry meals,,i will never eat that slop anyway,

There are hundreds  of Curry shops in Leicester and everyone has a favourite one but the one that stands out for me is The Martin inn it is not the smartest of places and  it can be very hard to get a table , the Food is real Indian Village grub very simple and not what White people expect  when it's their first time in fact the staff will warn you as you order that they can tone it down, Rick Stein dined there one night and gave it good reviews  so if you fancy simple Indian well Cooked food at working folks prices I can recommend it but you must Book .

18 hours ago, terryd said:

My local curry house does a nice curry and I love there base sauce. I find the chicken a bit odd though because it seems to be in square cubes and big ones too. You just don't get that size of a cube off a chicken. The texture is a bit odd too. I reckon they must buy blocks of compressed chicken or some thing. I prefer my own curries with the old swatz powder some home grown garlic and chilli's tin of toms and what ever meat I fancy. Just seems to have fresher cleaner taste to it. 

Ask them for a chicken tikka whatever ie chicken tikka balti/dansak/vindaloo etc.That way your curry will be made with nice chicken tikka pieces rather than them cubes.

Empire and colonialism is a complicated subject. Where people planted their flags in the 18th, 19th centuries still resonates today. I try not bother myself with problems other than the ones that knock on my door these days, but when I sit down to a chicken or king prawn vindaloo, restricted to twice a week, I give silent thanks to the Honourable East India Company.

• Like 1