CURRY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Al's Kitchen is good,...I do love curry and as you so rightly say, his 'base gravy ' recipe helps out a lot... Mind you,  when you have tasted the street food, in various areas of the Middle East

For me; I will immerse myself anywhere I go... (when in Rome). Food, culture, people etc. Don't enjoy all of it but I will say... People are funny fuucks who can and will surprise you with their hospi

Mines is tarka similar but a little otter

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, micky said:

We had a Tangine in Morocco   many years ago … the Kids thought it was made with Mice and Lemons .

It might well have been,  in those parts.

I wouldn't even go back to North Africa if I was passing in a B52 dropping the bomb :thumbdown:

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Can we not just go back to happier curry talking times? ?‍♂️?

Fair comment  - the 2 things that I like most about going abroad is how everywhere smells different and, the food.

I'm not particularly interested in the people but, the smells and the food really hit my senses :thumbs:

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Fair comment  - the 2 things that I like most about going abroad is how everywhere smells different and, the food.

I'm not particularly interested in the people but, the smells and the food really hit my senses :thumbs:

For me; I will immerse myself anywhere I go... (when in Rome). Food, culture, people etc. Don't enjoy all of it but I will say... People are funny fuucks who can and will surprise you with their hospitality, food and down right humanity.

I've been saved a few times for water here in the mountains and been offered to stay for food, wine and the night.

I went to Croatia last year and ended up at the family feast of a stranger before the wedding.. if you are open, so are most people too ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 5

My local curry house does a nice curry and I love there base sauce. I find the chicken a bit odd though because it seems to be in square cubes and big ones too. You just don't get that size of a cube off a chicken. The texture is a bit odd too. I reckon they must buy blocks of compressed chicken or some thing. I prefer my own curries with the old swatz powder some home grown garlic and chilli's tin of toms and what ever meat I fancy. Just seems to have fresher cleaner taste to it. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mushroom said:

Seafood curry all the way for me.

I make my own Thai pastes etc, fry the paste in oil for a couple of mins, add ginger garlic and bruised lemongrass heads, fry it all up a little longer and then add the seafood. Cook for 5 mins, thrown in your veggies, add coconut milk/cream and cook for about 10 mins. Serve with coconut sticky rice ;)

As for Indian curries. I had a mate from  Bangalore staying with me for a few months, 6 months ago. That cnut can really cook a curry. He turned up with 4 biscuit tins, filled with spices I've never heard of and I know my spices ?

Gotta say my favourite is butter chicken, made with plenty of chillies ?

Made a thai prawn curry last night, mrs favourite.

Love all curry, ate in a few decent Indians over the past few years, couple of Michelin star places....out of this world what they can do with spices....none of that searing heat that means you lose your taste buds, just a subtle warmth that hangs around...

• Like 1