CURRY

My Mrs likes to make Curry  and the Recipes she has following are from  ALS KITCHEN , these are very quick and easy to make and if you stick to the Recipe the Madras is outstanding , if you do it make plenty of base sauce because its very moreish .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Al's Kitchen is good,...I do love curry and as you so rightly say, his 'base gravy ' recipe helps out a lot... Mind you,  when you have tasted the street food, in various areas of the Middle East

For me; I will immerse myself anywhere I go... (when in Rome). Food, culture, people etc. Don't enjoy all of it but I will say... People are funny fuucks who can and will surprise you with their hospi

Mines is tarka similar but a little otter

Posted Images

Go to the Asian Cookshop Online and order some Shaheen  curry pastes. They work out around a quid a sachet and make enough sauce for 4 people. Just fry the paste in hot oil for 2 minutes then add meat and whatever else you like. The curry is ready in 10 or 20 minutes. No bother and great taste. Their naan breads are good too.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, micky said:

My Mrs likes to make Curry  and the Recipes she has following are from  ALS KITCHEN , these are very quick and easy to make and if you stick to the Recipe the Madras is outstanding , if you do it make plenty of base sauce because its very moreish .

WHen You do a post like that we need pictures with it..

• Haha 1

Onion, garlic and ginger in the pan...just starting to cook a curry....love it... all of us cook a decent curry in the family...my old man is still the best though..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 1

what the hell is wrong with you lot ...CURRYS?  reminds me of BABY SHIT!!!!!! i ate it ONCE, in  A WOMANS HOME ,WHERE I WAS DUE A LITTLE ''INTIMATE EXERCISING'''...got the trots a half hour later and didnt leave her toilet for hours ....DONT TALK TO ME ON CURRYS ...... and its the only time i ate one ...

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Al's Kitchen is good,...I do love curry and as you so rightly say, his 'base gravy ' recipe helps out a lot...

Mind you,  when you have tasted the street food, in various areas of the Middle East,.nothing really compares...?

Just going for a bum burner now...really looking forward to it...

It has been a traumatic year for me,.I nearly lost my Wife and best pal to Cancer, but Inshallah,..we have survived ...:good:

Been married, .45 years today; I would not have changed even one minute...

All the best, Phil.:toast:

Happy anniversary Phil, to both of you.

........... Have a good evening  :good:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Al's Kitchen is good,...I do love curry and as you so rightly say, his 'base gravy ' recipe helps out a lot...

Mind you,  when you have tasted the street food, in various areas of the Middle East,.nothing really compares...?

Just going for a bum burner now...really looking forward to it...

It has been a traumatic year for me,.I nearly lost my Wife and best pal to Cancer, but Inshallah,..we have survived ...:good:

Been married, .45 years today; I would not have changed even one minute...

All the best, Phil.:toast:

ISNT THAT A MARVELLOUS THING TO BE ABLE TO SAY ,.......im 31 years married and id certainly change a few hours of mine i can tell ye lol

• Haha 2

Seafood curry all the way for me.

I make my own Thai pastes etc, fry the paste in oil for a couple of mins, add ginger garlic and bruised lemongrass heads, fry it all up a little longer and then add the seafood. Cook for 5 mins, thrown in your veggies, add coconut milk/cream and cook for about 10 mins. Serve with coconut sticky rice ;)

As for Indian curries. I had a mate from  Bangalore staying with me for a few months, 6 months ago. That cnut can really cook a curry. He turned up with 4 biscuit tins, filled with spices I've never heard of and I know my spices ?

Gotta say my favourite is butter chicken, made with plenty of chillies ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 2