if you want isolation

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done a tenner why not, and jigsaw must be fate my uncles enquired about viewing that 1st place.. 

Ideal for a grow 

I could live in that first place ... stunning. 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, king said:

i came across this place a while back.and have not seen a better place for sale.your own little valley.proper hidden away....

Didn't see a price on there mate, what are they asking for that, do like that neck of the woods, misses says it’s a bit remote to live but loves it when we go and stay there ✌️✌️

8F3AB2E2-5560-4E38-A952-1B0B3A8FBAF0.jpeg

81E6143F-0455-48CB-A06E-0D756A26BB62.jpeg

14 hours ago, king said:

i came across this place a while back.and have not seen a better place for sale.your own little valley.proper hidden away....

f**k that , it’s in Brecon , even the name gives me nightmares 

you can be driving along in the middle of summer , hit the reservoir and pow it’s three feet of snow 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

f**k that , it’s in Brecon , even the name gives me nightmares 

you can be driving along in the middle of summer , hit the reservoir and pow it’s three feet of snow 

a decent 4x4 and the snow wont matter..

that would be the place for me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Didn't see a price on there mate, what are they asking for that, do like that neck of the woods, misses says it’s a bit remote to live but loves it when we go and stay there ✌️✌️

8F3AB2E2-5560-4E38-A952-1B0B3A8FBAF0.jpeg

81E6143F-0455-48CB-A06E-0D756A26BB62.jpeg

about 550k i think it was GM.that house pic you put on is it next to the a4059

3 hours ago, micky said:

Its a Money pit ! you will have to have very deep pockets to bring that place up to scratch never mind being a Palace  but I have seen it done a few times and the results can be stunning .

get it bought .....I know you got the £££ reddies tucked under your mattress you old bugger....be a paradise for you with the wires

7 minutes ago, TOMO said:

feck wales ....no good for a rabbit catcher lol

plenty of room to build some pillow mound's tomo.

Another relatively common post medieval archaeological feature within the Brecon Beacons National Park are pillow mounds. These are flat topped earth mounds, often cigar shaped, with a series of internal stone lined tunnels, which were constructed as warrens for breeding rabbits.  Unlike today, rabbits were a very rare occurrence in the countryside for much of history, and demand for their meat and fur saw the breeding of rabbits develop across the period.  In parts of the Brecon Beacons National Park, such as on the Black Mountain, rabbit farms like Cefn Cûl were created, where the number of pillow mounds and the large areas devoted to rabbit farming suggest large scale commercial operations.  It may be that rabbit farming proved to be a profitable way to exploit marginal land.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, king said:

plenty of room to build some pillow mound's tomo.

Another relatively common post medieval archaeological feature within the Brecon Beacons National Park are pillow mounds. These are flat topped earth mounds, often cigar shaped, with a series of internal stone lined tunnels, which were constructed as warrens for breeding rabbits.  Unlike today, rabbits were a very rare occurrence in the countryside for much of history, and demand for their meat and fur saw the breeding of rabbits develop across the period.  In parts of the Brecon Beacons National Park, such as on the Black Mountain, rabbit farms like Cefn Cûl were created, where the number of pillow mounds and the large areas devoted to rabbit farming suggest large scale commercial operations.  It may be that rabbit farming proved to be a profitable way to exploit marginal land.

did not know that.....nice bit of history that... cheers

although it don't change the fact theres none there now...lol

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, king said:

about 550k i think it was GM.that house pic you put on is it next to the a4059

I am shit with the name of roads etc but I have a good sense of direction, it’s a little cottage I rent from time to time, the road along the hillside comes up from a village called pendyrn and is very popular with motor cycles there is a big res at the other end and penyfan is to the left as you look at it, I love the isolation and wilderness of it all,✌️✌️  p,s I also catch a few rabbits when I,m up there ??

Edited by Greyman
43 minutes ago, TOMO said:

did not know that.....nice bit of history that... cheers

although it don't change the fact theres none there now...lol

Grantham

55 minutes ago, TOMO said:

get it bought .....I know you got the £££ reddies tucked under your mattress you old bugger....be a paradise for you with the wires

Tomo ! if I was two Bob  behind you I would snatch it up !    

17 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I would genuinely be all over that, I wouldn’t do hardly anything to the inside just leave it as original as possible.

If houses sold quickly here, I’d probably buy it.

4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I am shit with the name of roads etc but I have a good sense of direction, it’s a little cottage I rent from time to time, the road along the hillside comes up from a village called pendyrn and is very popular with motor cycles there is a big res at the other end and penyfan is to the left as you look at it, I love the isolation and wilderness of it all,✌️✌️  

i know exactly were it is now GM i thought i recognised it.iv'e looked at that house load's of time's while passing..

there's another lovely place behind that cottage on the hill looking from the road a few stone walled field's and the house by a little wood's..

have you been down to the angel inn.in pontneddfechan. a great walk up to the water falls..

in coelbren you got henrhyd water falls.were you can walk behind the falls..this video is in summer hardly and rain.but show's you behind the falls.

and this video with some water coming over the top.get the wet weather gear on and get behind it when there is a decent amount of rain..quite an experience.

9 minutes ago, king said:

i know exactly were it is now GM i thought i recognised it.iv'e looked at that house load's of time's while passing..

there's another lovely place behind that cottage on the hill looking from the road a few stone walled field's and the house by a little wood's..

have you been down to the angel inn.in pontneddfechan. a great walk up to the water falls..

in coelbren you got henrhyd water falls.were you can walk behind the falls..this video is in summer hardly and rain.but show's you behind the falls.

and this video with some water coming over the top.get the wet weather gear on and get behind it when there is a decent amount of rain..quite an experience.

a lovely part of the world....been there many times?

• Like 1