Nigel benn comeback.

12 minutes ago, sid g said:

true but embarrassing , I wouldn't want to watch it , I spoke to someone about this the other day he said he never gave a comeback a thought 1 for the fact his body was fooked and 2 for fear of making a twat of himself . he said if he couldn't do himself justice and give the fans 100% then why bother .

That's it mate, you know when you cant do it anymore, no matter the sport, but boxing Carrie's a far bigger risk for an old and already abused body...

I loved Benn in the day, exciting all guts fighter, plus the division was great then...but I'd rather watch old fights of his on YouTube than watch him struggle against a nobody for money.. 

As has been said I hope he makes a few quid if that's what he needs and gets in and out of it safely...just not for me as a spectacle 

Edited by NEWKID

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think anyone would say he was a legend but he was certainly a very hard fighter with a massive heart.....a real old pit dog of a fighter. Give me your Nigel Benn over a Tyson Fury any day

Whilst I have nothing against someone making a few Bob ,and I know it will be done under the auspices of some fly by night board of control ,and I know it's more a showbizzy ,www ,ufc type hype thing

I think you are forgetting what good, hard fighters the blokes you mention were......there’s f**k all shame in loosing to any of those fighters there mate  Edited to add: If you remember, ev

59 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Hearing Bika and they want £14.95 PPV for it ? I wouldn’t pay £14.95 to sit ringside for this.

Benn was a warrior and great value back in the day..., he should leave us with that as his legacy.

I watched the little press conference today on youtube. He still sounds as though he's still taking drugs, to be honest. Spoke about the women, drug taking, finding jesus etc ?.

Bad decision if you ask me,  don't care how fit he's supposed to be ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Hearing Bika and they want £14.95 PPV for it ? I wouldn’t pay £14.95 to sit ringside for this.

Benn was a warrior and great value back in the day..., he should leave us with that as his legacy.

And idiots will pay it.Look how many divs paid to watch that c**t McGregor put on that farce with Mayweather and actually believed it was real.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, sid g said:

would real boxing fans be interested ?

I’d be interested to see if he can still fight in a half decent form but I’m not interested in seeing him getting a pounding off a younger man just because he needs “closure”. 

A few years ago I went to a “night with gazza” at derbys pride park stadium......it was a good night but I soon clicked on that, although gazza probably wouldn’t of done bad out the night, the reality was the promoters were just using him and his name to milk as much money as they could out of him by getting him to pose for a quick photo with everyone, getting him to tell a few stories then trying to sell as much memorabilia as they could after. It was sad to see really, the man sat mumbling quietly into a microphone was a million miles away from the man who scored “that” goal against Scotland at Wembley in 96 and the many other memories he provided me and millions others.

It’s well known that gazza is devastated he can’t play anymore, he loved football more than life itself and once he couldn’t do it anymore he quickly declined. He tried management and other things but nothing could replace the feeling off being the best player on the pitch so he took to the drink and the rest is history.

If doing this helps keep Benn on the straight and narrow then I suppose it’s a good thing, but ultimately he will never get the closure he needs if he gets sparked out and ends up hurt. 

Its shame he can’t do something with eubank or collins instead......it would create an unique buzz never really seen before but as a pro fight it’s a bad move.

22 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

I’d be interested to see if he can still fight in a half decent form but I’m not interested in seeing him getting a pounding off a younger man just because he needs “closure”. 

A few years ago I went to a “night with gazza” at derbys pride park stadium......it was a good night but I soon clicked on that, although gazza probably wouldn’t of done bad out the night, the reality was the promoters were just using him and his name to milk as much money as they could out of him by getting him to pose for a quick photo with everyone, getting him to tell a few stories then trying to sell as much memorabilia as they could after. It was sad to see really, the man sat mumbling quietly into a microphone was a million miles away from the man who scored “that” goal against Scotland at Wembley in 96 and the many other memories he provided me and millions others.

It’s well known that gazza is devastated he can’t play anymore, he loved football more than life itself and once he couldn’t do it anymore he quickly declined. He tried management and other things but nothing could replace the feeling off being the best player on the pitch so he took to the drink and the rest is history.

If doing this helps keep Benn on the straight and narrow then I suppose it’s a good thing, but ultimately he will never get the closure he needs if he gets sparked out and ends up hurt. 

Its shame he can’t do something with eubank or collins instead......it would create an unique buzz never really seen before but as a pro fight it’s a bad move.

If he thinks his body is upto it then why not, Ronaldo had to retire young because of under active thyroid and what with all the old injuries his body couldn’t take it.

Nigel Benn was knocking about with some wild lads in his hey day and no doubt (as he says) living a wild life......he is probably cleaner and fitter now than he was then.

He wants to have a go, he feels he can so f**k it, why not......no better man for the job.

A 55 year old Nigel still has more integrity than most of the current heavyweight division from the little I have seen of them.

23 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

I think you will find Gazza loved his lifestyle more than football.Jimmy Five Bellies and Gazza's  immaturity along with the drink were his downfall.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Nigel isnt punchy mate he just has a very nasal voice,always has done.

Eubank senior and Mike Tyson have similar voices. I've always presumed having the piss taken out of them as youngsters made them who they are: fighters.

• Like 1