Nigel benn comeback.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think anyone would say he was a legend but he was certainly a very hard fighter with a massive heart.....a real old pit dog of a fighter. Give me your Nigel Benn over a Tyson Fury any day

Whilst I have nothing against someone making a few Bob ,and I know it will be done under the auspices of some fly by night board of control ,and I know it's more a showbizzy ,www ,ufc type hype thing

I think you are forgetting what good, hard fighters the blokes you mention were......there’s f**k all shame in loosing to any of those fighters there mate  Edited to add: If you remember, ev

the wifes mother and husband were in spain years ago same hotel as ben.

big posh white car pulled up outside to take him somewhere. he refused to get in the car and demanded a black car instead.

a while later a black car pulled up and he was away..sound's a bit petty to me 

1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Well lads what do yas think at 55 yrs old he’s making a comeback, what’s your thoughts? Me personally I think he should leave well alone and stay retired as the legend he was as ya wouldn’t want to see him badly hurt or dead 

It's got to be better than fighting Dave Radford in the ring at a fair like he did a few years back.Benn should have retired after the McLennan fight,he would not listen then and he won't listen now. Some fighters just can't walk away even if there still minted like Roy Jones for instance,its just in the make up of certain fighters,they can't walk away and always crave one more fight .

Edited by MickC
1 hour ago, MickC said:

You ain’t suggesting that was in any way a serious fight are you ?........they was obviously just messing for an exhibition.

Everybody who has ever watched boxing knows that “Dave” would have been on his way to intensive care in a real fight.

Nigel is a street lad, you can’t take that out of a bloke.

I have no doubt he knows exactly what he is doing and any opponent will be chosen appropriately.

Even at 55 I wouldn’t want to be the man having to fight Nigel Benn, he is and always was a serious article.

Anyway, good luck to him......I hope he makes a shit load of money.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

he couldn't beat eubank, Watson, Collins twice he's not the legend he thinks. 

I think you are forgetting what good, hard fighters the blokes you mention were......there’s f**k all shame in loosing to any of those fighters there mate 

Edited to add:

If you remember, every one of those fights was a bloodbath.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4