Hot then even hotter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With plenty of rain forecast for tonight I decided to go and have a Trip out  on the lamp. unfortunately  the rain didn’t come as expected or even at all,  up on arrival of my first spot I gazed on th

I've lost dogs, to all manner, of 'over-running' maladies,..some dogs seem pre-destined to die young, whilst others will suffer from abuse and can handle, even the stupidest of handlers...?  Trus

My dear Mr Neck,                                your efforts have been duly noted and in light of our present duties elsewhere are appreciated. Alas I must note to yourself the role of translator

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, billhardy said:

This could be good thread Trigg jukels that run hot more likely ta suffer with acidosis in the warmer mder early season conditions treatme. T precautions etc that some need ta keep the cramping etc away. TB BILL

What precautions would they be Bill, answer in English if you don't mind :D 

58 minutes ago, joe ox said:

What precautions would they be Bill, answer in English if you don't mind :D 

24 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I reckon Trig described perfectly how he avoided rhabdo. He ran his dog sensibly in light of the conditions. 

Little further reading lol

Sandy auseole I not saying Trigg daunt run his jukel wrong whT I saying the precautions added to diet bicarb pottasium etc staves the cramps away runni g the BBC ack offa jukel his far serious. Hope ghat e xplaons things joe. Atb bill

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Hope ghat e xplaons things joe. Atb bill

Bill I am interested in how you take precautions, that why I asked you.

I have never seen a dog come down with it running rabbits only hares and deer. Dogs tend to tire gradually on rabbits and a good handler can see a when a dog has had enough which is not always the case when a good hare or deer drags a dog about at the beginning of the season when its a tad warm.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, joe ox said:

Bill I am interested in how you take precautions, that why I asked you.

I have never seen a dog come down with it running rabbits only hares and deer. Dogs tend to tire gradually on rabbits and a good handler can see a when a dog has had enough which is not always the case when a good hare or deer drags a dog about at the beginning of the season when its a tad warm.

Yeah joe running big hauls of coneys can have the same affect in early season or warmer conditions all depe ds I suppose but like one says we don't expect to runn fallows fa long down here wanted layed out quickly se with Charlie's atb bill

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Yeah joe running big hauls of coneys can have the same affect in early season or warmer conditions all depe ds I suppose but like one says we don't expect to runn fallows fa long down here wanted layed out quickly se with Charlie's atb bill

Never seen it with fallow just good roe in big fields with no fences where a dog cant just push hang back and wait for a mistake it has to be up and at them, I have seen plenty dogs get wobbly (low sugar) on rabbits but not acidosis. IMO a dog should not be allowed to come down with acidosis running rabbits it would be bad handling.

You still didn't answer my question on precaution?

Edited by joe ox

I've seen it Joe mainly with houndy types jukels and fa andeero g your query there's nothing ts amswer it's all ready Bern said ga fecks sake I suppose runni. G on tandem in big parks when one kerps packs a j in krls h I s a differed nt than tbe man trying ts knock o er had ansd gas mu h Wright has possible different scenarios  atb bill

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I've lost dogs, to all manner, of 'over-running' maladies,..some dogs seem pre-destined to die young, whilst others will suffer from abuse and can handle, even the stupidest of handlers...?

Trust me, I used to be, a world-renowned authority, on the fecking subject... ?

You got to take things really slow and, let the jukels run themselves into, a natural kind of fitness...?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, billhardy said:

Sandy auseole I not saying Trigg daunt run his jukel wrong w

I didn't say you did blackhead lol you getting paronoid. 

Personally reckon all the supplements in the world won't stop rhabo, only fitness and sensible running can reduce the likely hood. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, billhardy said:

I've seen it Joe mainly with houndy types jukels and fa andeero g your query there's nothing ts amswer it's all ready Bern said ga fecks sake I suppose runni. G on tandem in big parks when one kerps packs a j in krls h I s a differed nt than tbe man trying ts knock o er had ansd gas mu h Wright has possible different scenarios  atb bill

Bill I understand very little of that post mate.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, billhardy said:

I have seen it joe old chap mainly with dogs saturated wi the blood of the greyhound and 2 answer your query my good man theres nothing to answer that's not already been said for the sake of feck I suppose running doubled up on large sprawling land if one keeps packs of said lurchers is a different matter dear boy hari Krishna hari Krishna the man trying 2 knock over his hands and fumigate as many different scenarios 

Atb Wilhelm 

Best I couldn't do 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I have seen it joe old chap mainly with dogs saturated wi the blood of the greyhound and 2 answer your query my good man theres nothing to answer that's not already been said for the sake of feck I suppose running doubled up on large sprawling land if one keeps packs of said lurchers is a different matter dear boy hari Krishna hari Krishna the man trying 2 knock over his hands and fumigate as many different scenarios 

Atb Wilhelm 

Best I couldn't do 

Kin el blacky, you swallowed some of low plain's dodgy loam?! ?

Ah, got it now mate. No worries, very warm again last night ??

Edited by shaaark