2 charlies

Popped out to two local farms tonight looking to sort out a couple of Charlies that have been pestering the owners and in my haste I forgot to attach the mod to the Hornet. I couldn’t be arsed to go back for it and arrived at the first spot not too hopeful. Long story short, boom! First one down at 75 yds after just a minute. A vixen with a lovely brush on her. Onto spot number 2. Once again, a very short visit. Flicked the lamp on, spotted the fox. Gun mounted, scope torch on, a squeak to get his attention, boom! Dog fox down. Home for 9, job done ??

180054F1-2F07-4FCF-BD6E-C4067BAA47F9.jpeg

0C07345E-A291-4588-BC53-EA984E7436E9.jpeg

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Excellent. The old hornet often overlooked, still floats my boat ( what ever that means). ?.

What bullet?

The .22 hornet is a nice round, I use Remington or Hornady 35 grain ballistic tip, very accurate. For me it does everything the mouse gun does and a lot more?.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Excellent. The old hornet often overlooked, still floats my boat ( what ever that means). ?.

What bullet?

Sellier and Bellot 45g. Used to use home loads but the guy who did them for me unfortunately isn’t with us anymore 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, cragman said:

Sellier and Bellot 45g. Used to use home loads but the guy who did them for me unfortunately isn’t with us anymore 

Sorry for your loss.

The S&B rounds are good, I remember them being quite strong and a good price too. Their bullets are are good too.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Ouch .. s&b were about £7 when I last bought some!

Ever tried PPU lads?

I wish the South American producers would import their ammo!

Yeah I tried PPU SP 45gr. They do the job, but aren't as accurate as my homeloads and aren't very cheap these days at £21 a box.