Dog meat

Although it’s completely alien to us, to some folk eating cats and dogs is no different to us eating pigs and cows. 

Some people keep chickens as pets and some keep chickens to eat......it’s the same with cats and dogs. 

I don’t agree with it but meat is meat when there’s no work, no money and 10 hungry mouths to feed I guess

1 hour ago, Stoney100 said:

Sorry it’s for sale over here?

To be honest I've probably got the wrong end of the stick lol...think I've read the article wrong 

Cabinet Office chief Michael Gove drew up plans to outlaw the possession of cat and dog meat over the while he was still Secretary of State at the Department for the Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), according to reports.

However, the move is understood to have been blocked by the Ministry of Justice (MoJ), currently headed by former solicitor-general Robert Buckland, after “nervous civil servants” suggested it was “culturally insensitive” and liable to cause offence in Asian countries where cat and dog meat consumption is more common.

The MoJ’s reasoning came as something of a surprise to Giles Watling, a Tory MP who has championed a ban, who pointed out “It’s not culturally insensitive because we’re not telling them what to do – we’re just telling them what we do” in comments to The Sun.

“Dogs are our companion animals. We do not eat them, and that is a very important message to send to the rest of the world,” he asserted.

Animal welfare campaigners in Asia itself have also stressed the importance of Western governments setting an example, with Kike Yuen of the World Dog Alliance explaining that “legislation against dog meat in UK would provide us with strength to continue our work in Asia, as the UK could influence other countries to stop dog meat consumption” in December 2018.

“Most of them usually refused to do so with the excuse that there is no such law in Western countries.”

• Haha 1