tyres help please

Can anyone help.i have a crewcab transit tipper,ive seen somewere that you have to put on the tyre size stated in the cab.(assuming its on sticker somewere) or vosa will fine you.i wsnted to put 2 new front tyres on a bit wider than 185,s.thanks 

7 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Cheers ,i know for a car thats correct,but because of carrying wieght thought you may have to stick to correct size.that vosa gang can cost you.

You can't put smaller size tyres on but you can put bigger ones on is/was the rules when I worked in commercial motors 

there will be a load index number on the sidewall of the original tyres, as long as you don`t go below that and they are fitted in pairs or axle sets I can`t see any reason for them to have a problem, the test manuals are available on line if you want to check on test standards but some of it is a bit vague

10 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Thanks gents

I,ve had transits from mark 1 onwards and they have gone  14” 15” 16 so pretty much all sizes if you have a twin wheeler on the back axle you will need to keep the skinny front tyres for if you have a puncture and need to swap a front and back over the tyres are a bit thinner on the twin wheelers to stop them touching when you have a load on and they spread a little on the bottom ??

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,ve had transits from mark 1 onwards and they have gone  14” 15” 16 so pretty much all sizes if you have a twin wheeler on the back axle you will need to keep the skinny front tyres for if you have a puncture and need to swap a front and back over the tyres are a bit thinner on the twin wheelers to stop them touching when you have a load on and they spread a little on the bottom ??

I jumped on at mk5 and had a mk6 to.......must admit I loved my original mk5 smiley.....graft all day and cheap to run but the mk6 was wank and I don’t miss it one one bit lol